DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hitachi C12LCH 12" Laser Compound Miter Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/77375-hitachi-c12lch-12%22-laser-compound-miter-saw.html)

Shawn November 17th 04 08:20 PM

Hitachi C12LCH 12" Laser Compound Miter Saw

Does anyone have the Hitachi C12LCH 12" Laser Compound Miter Saw? I'm
mostly interested in how the laser mechanism works. Is it an always on
system or just when the blade is spinning? I've read that the laser is
switchable between sides. Can this be done on a cut-by-cut basis, or is
it something that's set during assembly?

I'm kinda comparing this to the Delta 36-255L.

TIA,
Shawn Clabough

Dave jackson November 17th 04 09:51 PM

A guy I trim with has the 10" Hitachi with laser, he bought it last year.
The laser is operated by a switch independent of the trigger to operate the
saw, so it stays on until you shut it off. The laser could be switched from
one side of the kerf to the other pretty easily as i recall. We checked it
for true when he first bought it and it was almost perfect- the blade missed
the laser by a tiny fraction of an inch over the width of a 1x12, so it was
pretty darn accurate. Hope this helps. -dave

Bruce in MI November 18th 04 04:41 AM

"Shawn" wrote in message
Does anyone have the Hitachi C12LCH 12" Laser Compound Miter Saw? I'm
mostly interested in how the laser mechanism works. Is it an always on
system or just when the blade is spinning? I've read that the laser is
switchable between sides. Can this be done on a cut-by-cut basis, or is
it something that's set during assembly?

I'm kinda comparing this to the Delta 36-255L.

TIA,
Shawn Clabough

I have the same 10" saw (C10FSH) that Dave mentioned and I love it.
The laser is adjusted with a knurled knob and can be easily moved to either
side of the blade. There are no positive stops so it may require a test cut
get it right where you want it. Once I set mine I just left it on one side
and haven't
changed it.

Bruce