J T

Default WORLD'S EASIEST TABLE

http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

JOAT
Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.
- Publilius Syrus

WoodMangler

J T did say:

http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

JOAT
Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.
- Publilius Syrus

If she moves quickly, that thing's coming down!

--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Mike Girouard

WoodMangler wrote in message ...
J T did say:

http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

JOAT
Any plan is bad which is incapable of modification.
- Publilius Syrus

If she moves quickly, that thing's coming down!

It isn't THAT easy anyway. Butt joints would have been easier than mitred.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

FoggyTown
igor

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:46:33 -0500, (J T) wrote:

http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

Under one photo it says, "Choose screws that are long enough to have at
least half their length in each pieces". That's a puzzler.

Michael Stephenson

igor wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:46:33 -0500, (J T) wrote:

http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

Under one photo it says, "Choose screws that are long enough to have at
least half their length in each pieces". That's a puzzler.

By my count the project takes about 34 board ft of cedar. To make the
$50 price estimate they would have to get the wood fairly cheaply,
something like $1.47 a board foot. I think cedar goes for more like
$3.80 a board foot which would put the project at $129 before hardware
and finishing supplies. A simple table like this can be had from Ikea
for $79. It is certainly more fun when you build it yourself but I
think the cost estimates on these projects should be a little bit more
realistic.
Dave

Have you ever watched her show on PBS? It is Saturday morning for me. My
favorite is when she screwed a board to the workbench (twice in the same
episode).

We watch it just for the laugh.

"igor" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:46:33 -0500, (J T) wrote:

http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

Under one photo it says, "Choose screws that are long enough to have at
least half their length in each pieces". That's a puzzler.

Frank Ketchum

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

Yeah, that looks easy alright. So does the table.

Frank

igor

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:01:10 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

Have you ever watched her show on PBS? It is Saturday morning for me. My
favorite is when she screwed a board to the workbench (twice in the same
episode).

We watch it just for the laugh.

Hmmm. Never heard of her. I'll have to take a look.
Prometheus

(J T) wrote:

http://www.anythingicando.com/season...30/proj_30.htm

Under one photo it says, "Choose screws that are long enough to have at
least half their length in each pieces". That's a puzzler.

By my count the project takes about 34 board ft of cedar. To make the
$50 price estimate they would have to get the wood fairly cheaply,
something like $1.47 a board foot. I think cedar goes for more like
$3.80 a board foot which would put the project at $129 before hardware
and finishing supplies. A simple table like this can be had from Ikea
for $79. It is certainly more fun when you build it yourself but I
think the cost estimates on these projects should be a little bit more
realistic.

Western Red cedar goes for $3 a bf here for select and better, $2,25
for #1 common- both still well above the estimate above.

Not to mention their ideas about what the "world's simplest table"
might be. I'd think a piece of plywood on a milk crate would be quite
a lot simpler, myself.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam