DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Exit polling declares winner (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/75540-exit-polling-declares-winner.html)

Fletis Humplebacker November 2nd 04 07:51 PM

Exit polling declares winner

This just in. CBS exit polling has Nader by a landslide.
Kerry and Bush soon to concede and congradulate a
well run campaign.

Richard Clements November 2nd 04 08:00 PM

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote:

This just in. CBS exit polling has Nader by a landslide.
Kerry and Bush soon to concede and congradulate a
well run campaign.

Sweet!!!!!!!

Andy Dingley November 2nd 04 10:43 PM

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:51:21 -0800, "Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote:

This just in. CBS exit polling has Nader by a landslide.

Last minute polling by the entire Stromboli clan.

Unisaw A100 November 2nd 04 11:09 PM

mark November 2nd 04 11:34 PM

Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using outlook
express.

WoodMangler November 2nd 04 11:50 PM

mark did say:

Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using outlook
express.

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

I'm using Pan on Linux and get the same thing. Probably because he's
sending blank replies.

--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Fletis Humplebacker November 2nd 04 11:59 PM

"WoodMangler"
mark did say:

Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using outlook
express.

I'm using Pan on Linux and get the same thing. Probably because he's
sending blank replies.

Same here. Maybe his unisaw claimed his fingers?

John November 3rd 04 12:06 AM

He thinks it's cute.

TeamCasa November 3rd 04 12:12 AM

I agree with everything you said below.
Dave

AAvK November 3rd 04 12:15 AM

This just in. CBS exit polling has Nader by a landslide.
Kerry and Bush soon to concede and congradulate a
well run campaign.

"You wish"...

Alex

Leon November 3rd 04 12:17 AM

If Unisaw A100 thinks that the post is BS and or totally off topic, he posts
a blank.

Bill Stock November 3rd 04 01:10 AM

"mark" wrote in message
Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using outlook
express.

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

Does SWMBO know he's shootin blanks?

Tom November 3rd 04 05:13 AM

Mark wrote:Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using
outlook
express.

I think he's speechless. Tom
Work at your leisure!

Kevin Singleton November 3rd 04 12:25 PM

"mark" wrote in message
Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using outlook
express.

He's trying to make a point, but it's not even remotely funny.

--
Kevin
-=#=-

- If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when it's free. -- P.J. O'Rourke (1993)

November 19, 2004 is National Ammo Day. Buy 100 rounds, to show your
support of gun and ammunition manufacturers, and your right to keep and bear
arms.

Paul Kierstead November 3rd 04 01:24 PM

In article ,
"Kevin Singleton" wrote:

"mark" wrote in message
Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using outlook
express.

He's trying to make a point, but it's not even remotely funny.

Perhaps his point isn't about being funny.

Dave in Fairfax November 3rd 04 04:04 PM

WoodMangler wrote:
I'm using Pan on Linux and get the same thing. Probably because he's
sending blank replies.

I routinely hav ethe same problem using Netscape 4.79, then
they'll come through properly. What's going on Keeter, too fast
on the send?

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Larry Jaques November 4th 04 05:12 AM

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:50:59 -0500, WoodMangler
calmly ranted:

mark did say:

Why do all messages from Unisaw A100 show as blank? I'm using outlook
express.

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

I'm using Pan on Linux and get the same thing. Probably because he's
sending blank replies.

I heard he had an operation but...

--
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
---- --Unknown

Greg Millen November 4th 04 06:26 AM

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I heard he had an operation but...

Oh yes, I remember that one; the result of a dust explosion in a shop vac
wasn't it? Nasty business. Talcum powder used for anti-rusting sucked down
and ignited by a static spark - all I can say is "he's lucky that spark
weren't moving at the time"

--
Greg

Fly-by-Night CC November 4th 04 06:51 AM

In article ,
"Greg Millen" wrote:

Oh yes, I remember that one; the result of a dust explosion in a shop vac
wasn't it? Nasty business. Talcum powder used for anti-rusting sucked down
and ignited by a static spark - all I can say is "he's lucky that spark
weren't moving at the time"

Anyone catch the recent episode of Myth Busters on Discovery Channel
about fatal static discharge from PVC pipe? I missed the beginning of
the show with the myth setup. At show's end however, the busters
couldn't get much of anything by way of discharge from the pipe - Busted.

____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger

Andy Dingley November 4th 04 11:05 AM

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:51:11 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

Anyone catch the recent episode of Myth Busters on Discovery Channel
about fatal static discharge from PVC pipe?

How many examples of fatal accidents would you like ? However
they're all with solvents, not sawdust.

And when did TV become a credible source of information ?

Jack November 4th 04 11:12 AM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:05:35 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

And when did TV become a credible source of information ?

Oh, naff off! Aren't you that retard who tried to give advice on
rebuilding a lute, a while back? Turned out you didn't know jack ****
about whet you were talking about. What a stupid dork you proved
youself to be in that one! ******!

Jack

Greg Millen November 4th 04 11:38 AM

wrote:

And when did TV become a credible source of information ?

Oh, naff off! Aren't you that retard who tried to give advice on
rebuilding a lute, a while back? Turned out you didn't know jack ****
about whet you were talking about. What a stupid dork you proved
youself to be in that one! ******!

Let's see here. You state that you aren't sure he is the guy, but that
doesn't stop you from calling him a retard? You aren't sure, but you make
the statement anyway. Isn't that what you just called him a dork and a
****** for? Is "jack ****" your full name or just what your known as by your
'friends'?

Nice introduction of yourself to the group "Jack", want to try again?

Fly-by-Night CC November 4th 04 09:21 PM

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:

Anyone catch the recent episode of Myth Busters on Discovery Channel
about fatal static discharge from PVC pipe?

How many examples of fatal accidents would you like ? However
they're all with solvents, not sawdust.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. Why are you responding to my question if you're changing
the criteria? The issue was dust and static in PVC, not anything else.

And when did TV become a credible source of information ?

All depends on what shows you choose to watch as to how credible the
information is. Are you saying 100% of programming is inaccurate in its
content?

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long

Jack November 4th 04 09:33 PM

wrote:

And when did TV become a credible source of information ?

Oh, naff off! Aren't you that retard who tried to give advice on
rebuilding a lute, a while back? Turned out you didn't know jack ****
about whet you were talking about. What a stupid dork you proved
youself to be in that one! ******!

Let's see here. You state that you aren't sure he is the guy, but that
doesn't stop you from calling him a retard? You aren't sure, but you make
the statement anyway. Isn't that what you just called him a dork and a
****** for? Is "jack ****" your full name or just what your known as by your
'friends'?

Nice introduction of yourself to the group "Jack", want to try again?

No, I KNOW he is the snivvelin' dork. There's only one "Dingleberry"
around here. I used the phrase "aren't you the guy", because that's
the phrase HE uses when he flames someone without the slightest
provokation. Actually, correction; he used the phrase "aren't you the
baboon" (a totally unprovoked flame levelled at someone after he made
a total fool of himself giving arrogant snobby way on a subject he
obviously knew nothing about.

Have a nice day.

If you reply and I don't respond, it means I have better things to do
with my time than check back.. No offence..

Jack November 4th 04 09:36 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:21:05 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:

Anyone catch the recent episode of Myth Busters on Discovery Channel
about fatal static discharge from PVC pipe?

How many examples of fatal accidents would you like ? However
they're all with solvents, not sawdust.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. Why are you responding to my question if you're changing
the criteria? The issue was dust and static in PVC, not anything else.

And when did TV become a credible source of information ?

All depends on what shows you choose to watch as to how credible the
information is. Are you saying 100% of programming is inaccurate in its
content?

Do youself a big favor; ignore "Dingleberry" and his putrid verbal
diarrhea...

Jack

Andy Dingley November 4th 04 11:13 PM

wrote:

Why are you responding to my question if you're changing the criteria?

Sorry, didn't see "Dust" in the subject line.

Fly-by-Night CC November 4th 04 11:23 PM

In article ,
(Jack) wrote:

Do youself a big favor; ignore "Dingleberry" and his putrid verbal
diarrhea...

In my experience with Andy, his posts are usually very clear and
detailed in explanation. I don't usually find him too far off base from
my own observations with topics familiar to me, and on those I'm not
familiar with he's introduced some very good thought and commentary.

HIs reply to the dust and PVC was uncharacteristic in my opinion.

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long

Fly-by-Night CC November 5th 04 06:18 AM

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:

Sorry, didn't see "Dust" in the subject line.

Well... OK... as long as you're *really* sorry.

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long

Michael Houghton November 5th 04 02:56 PM

Howdy!

In article ,
Greg Millen wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I heard he had an operation but...

Oh yes, I remember that one; the result of a dust explosion in a shop vac
wasn't it? Nasty business. Talcum powder used for anti-rusting sucked down
and ignited by a static spark - all I can say is "he's lucky that spark
weren't moving at the time"

Right. Talcum powder is combustable. Right. Not...

If it went *boom*, it wasn't talcum powder.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix
Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff

http://www.radix.net/~herveus/wwap/

Greg Millen November 5th 04 11:46 PM

"Michael Houghton" wrote in message
Howdy!

Right. Talcum powder is combustable. Right. Not...

If it went *boom*, it wasn't talcum powder.

Michael,

you're obviously a serious kinda guy so I'll state for the record - it
really wasn't a serious post. It was intended to be a satirical jab at all
the ridiculous claims of exploding dust bunnies.

I mean, really, how many people would use talc on their bodies in summer if
static could cause an explosion ;-)

regards,

Greg

Edwin Pawlowski November 6th 04 03:34 AM

"Greg Millen" wrote in message
I mean, really, how many people would use talc on their bodies in summer

if
static could cause an explosion ;-)

I think it can happen.

I used talc on my body one summer and got burned in the sun. Luckily, I got
off the beach just before I could have exploded.

[email protected] November 6th 04 05:30 AM

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:56:41 -0000, (Michael
Houghton) wrote:

Howdy!

In article ,
Greg Millen wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I heard he had an operation but...

Oh yes, I remember that one; the result of a dust explosion in a shop vac
wasn't it? Nasty business. Talcum powder used for anti-rusting sucked down
and ignited by a static spark - all I can say is "he's lucky that spark
weren't moving at the time"

Right. Talcum powder is combustable. Right. Not...

If it went *boom*, it wasn't talcum powder.

yours,
Michael

well.... it *was* a freak accident....

Andy Dingley November 6th 04 03:28 PM

Houghton) wrote:

Right. Talcum powder is combustable. Right. Not...

Damn right. That's because talcum powder is just full of asbestos

(posts passim)

Larry Jaques November 7th 04 04:24 AM

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 15:28:28 +0000, Andy Dingley
calmly ranted:

Houghton) wrote:

Right. Talcum powder is combustable. Right. Not...

Damn right. That's because talcum powder is just full of asbestos

(posts passim)

That reminds me of a joke.

Vice is nice, but I like ass bestest. I mean "asbestos."

---
In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact
with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
-
http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development -