Carl Stigers

Default shopsmith

Concerning the shopsmith it is an acceptable unit. A lot of poeple who bash
it most likely never have had one. Most of us who actually own one will
admit that it has its limitations. However I know of a gentlemen wh oused
to be in the newgroup and had three or four of them in his pro shop. I have
made custom pieces of furniture on mine that have gone for quite a bit of
money. Does it teach planning and skills such as machine set up yes yes
yes. I now have a number of stand alone tools in the shop but still have my
shopsmith. While I do not use it as much, I will tell you that it has
capabilities that no stand alone tool has.

Carl Stigers

Carl's Custom Woodworking

Bruce Litherland

Well stated. I couldn't agree more. If I had unlimited space and funds I'd
have several stand alone units also. For those of us with space issues it is
a fine piece of equipment.

Shopsmith Mark V Model 510 Miter Gauge Monty6819 Woodworking 3 May 17th 04 04:25 PM
Good price on a shopsmith 10 ER Bill Woodturning 0 April 13th 04 01:17 AM
Shopsmith bandsaw tires, no replacements for 1984 model. Jack Straight Woodworking 4 March 2nd 04 03:51 PM
Shopsmith pricing GRL Woodworking 32 February 29th 04 02:59 PM
Robland X31 and Shopsmith for sale- Northern California Jerry Hall Woodworking 0 November 7th 03 12:55 AM