DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Black Walnut (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/74892-black-walnut.html)

Brian Jorgenson October 27th 04 10:42 PM

Black Walnut

I need some pricing info. I have a solid piece of Black Walnut wood
measuring:
99" W
3 5/8" H
12" D

It is a large "fireplace" style mantel. The walnut wood is almost
grade a veneer with only one small knot towards the center otherwise
perfect throughout. What kind of price could I get for this?

Thanks,
Brian

Scott Lurndal October 27th 04 11:03 PM

(Brian Jorgenson) writes:
I need some pricing info. I have a solid piece of Black Walnut wood
measuring:
99" W
3 5/8" H
12" D

It is a large "fireplace" style mantel. The walnut wood is almost
grade a veneer with only one small knot towards the center otherwise
perfect throughout. What kind of price could I get for this?

Thanks,
Brian

28bf at circa USD4-USD5/bf on average. Assuming 5 and 30 gets
you $150 worth of walnut. Now, there may be a premium associated
with 14/4 stock, so call it $200. Another premium associated with
12" wide stock, so make it $225 (generally those who desire the
thick stock are seldom concerned with width and those who desire wide
stock generally don't need that much thickness).

Where might you be located?

scott