Dave Mundt

Default Rockwell Model 781 Disk Sander

Greetings and Salutations...
Friday afternoon, while in a semi-fruitless
search to replace the 6' stepladder that grew legs and
walked off sometime in the last month or so, I ran
across the above disk sander in a local pawn shop.
Since they were having a 20% off sale, I could not
resist giving it a home for $45.
It looks like a large (7" or so) angle
grinder, and may be old, but it is in great shape.
I pulled it apart and check bearings, etc, and
found that not only were they in good shape,
but, the grease in the spiral gear that spins
the disk was in great shape too.
Cleaned it up, put a new plug on the
end of the remaining cord (It had gotten sanded
at some point, and, fixed with solder and electrical
tape), and fired it up. It works great.
Now..this is not really a gloat (although
it WILL make my work on the 36" drum sander go a
bit quicker when I am cleaning up the welds), but
rather a query as to whether anyone has a pointer
to a manual/parts list for this monster.
I am going to call Delta on Monday,
but, I fear that it may be old enough that they
will have nothing for me but a blank look.
Regards
Dave Mundt

P.S.
I DID go ahead and replace 2 8x32 screws
and 1 10x32 screw that held part of the handle in
place, as their heads were a bit nasty...but that
was it.
DCM
B.B.

In article ,
(Dave Mundt) wrote:

[...]

Try he
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-b...oups.cgi/delta
They have exploded diagrams of damn near everything and can provide
some hard-to-find parts.

B.B. --I am not a goat! thegoat4 at airmail.net
Mike Henry

"Dave Mundt" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You might also try:

www.owwm.com

which is the Old Woodworking Machine web site. They have a brochures and
manuals for a *lot* of old tools there.

Mike

Dick Streff

If what you are referencing is a hand power tool, you'll probably be SOL
with Delta. Their lineage is for the stationary tools.

In the long and covoluted history that is Rockwell tools, you'd have
better luck barking up another branch of the family tree and try Porter
Cable. Some of the PC designs are rebadged from Rockwell's days of glory.

B.B. wrote:
In article ,
(Dave Mundt) wrote:

[...]

Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:34:23 -0500, Dick Streff
wrote:

If what you are referencing is a hand power tool, you'll probably be SOL
with Delta. Their lineage is for the stationary tools.

In the long and covoluted history that is Rockwell tools, you'd have
better luck barking up another branch of the family tree and try Porter
Cable. Some of the PC designs are rebadged from Rockwell's days of glory.

Yea, I kind of suspected that. It LOOKS like a big angle
grinder...but I was kind of hoping that the fine folks there at Delta
would at least point me in the right direction.
I really don't "need" the manual, as this thing is about
as dirt simple as it can be, but, I DO like to get what documentation
I can...
Regards
Dave Mundt

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

replying to Dave Mundt, Ellen Matz wrote:
Dave,did you ever find that manual? I am now the proud owner of the same
machine and can find NOTHING!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-279854-.htm