DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Not that I'm bitching or anything... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/71833-not-im-bitching-anything.html)

Dave Balderstone October 3rd 04 12:29 AM

Not that I'm bitching or anything...

I'm having to nuke upwards of four US political threads A DAY lately.

Can't you guys agree on a single subject line? How about:

"OT: I hate your presidential candidate, his policies and everything
you stand for!"

It would sure make it easier to killfile all the crap...

;-)

--
"There is no hell. There is only France." -- Frank Zappa

Mortimer Schnerd, RN October 3rd 04 12:52 AM

Dave Balderstone wrote:
I'm having to nuke upwards of four US political threads A DAY lately.

Can't you guys agree on a single subject line? How about:

"OT: I hate your presidential candidate, his policies and everything
you stand for!"

It would sure make it easier to killfile all the crap...

My message rules include zapping any subject line that includes either "Bush" or
"Kerry". Sure cleared the decks for me.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Ba r r y October 3rd 04 12:58 AM

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:52:22 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

My message rules include zapping any subject line that includes either "Bush" or
"Kerry". Sure cleared the decks for me.

I just hit the "I" key in Agent. No more thread. G

Barry

Todd Fatheree October 3rd 04 01:13 AM

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
I'm having to nuke upwards of four US political threads A DAY lately.

Can't you guys agree on a single subject line? How about:

"OT: I hate your presidential candidate, his policies and everything
you stand for!"

It would sure make it easier to killfile all the crap...

I realize that I'm adding to the noise level in this regard, but this is the
time of year that I start wishing we could just get the election over with.
Fortunately, I live in Illinois which apparently has been conceded to Kerry
by both sides because I can't remember the last time I saw a presidential
campaign ad.

todd

Buddy Matlosz October 3rd 04 02:01 AM

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. com...
Dave Balderstone wrote:
I'm having to nuke upwards of four US political threads A DAY lately.

Can't you guys agree on a single subject line? How about:

"OT: I hate your presidential candidate, his policies and everything
you stand for!"

It would sure make it easier to killfile all the crap...

My message rules include zapping any subject line that includes either

"Bush" or
"Kerry". Sure cleared the decks for me.

Don't zap "Bush", you might miss some good porn.

B.

Tim Douglass October 3rd 04 03:39 AM

wrote:

My message rules include zapping any subject line that includes either "Bush" or
"Kerry". Sure cleared the decks for me.

I just hit the "I" key in Agent. No more thread. G

Yep. I also have my view set so they don't even show in the headers
list.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Edwin Pawlowski October 3rd 04 04:24 AM

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message

My message rules include zapping any subject line that includes either
"Bush" or "Kerry". Sure cleared the decks for me.

That explains a lot. I offered to send you a set of chisels with juniper
Bush handles that I picked up when I was in County Kerry Ireland. Since you
never replied, I gave them to Kerry O'Tool, the guy that works at the Bush
Brewery.

loutent October 3rd 04 06:37 PM

My message rules include zapping any subject line that includes either "Bush"
or
"Kerry". Sure cleared the decks for me.

Hey thanks! I did the same - sure makes the wreck a much
nicer experience when it's all about what you're here to see.

Thanks again (first time I've used the filters).

Lou

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles October 3rd 04 09:28 PM

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:29:41 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:
I'm having to nuke upwards of four US political threads A DAY lately.

Can't you guys agree on a single subject line? How about:

"OT: I hate your presidential candidate, his policies and everything
you stand for!"

It would sure make it easier to killfile all the crap...

;-)

Unfortunately, we've added "Carter" recently, which is a shame 'cuz his
woodworking is quite good.

loutent October 4th 04 12:51 AM

Unfortunately, we've added "Carter" recently, which is a shame 'cuz his
woodworking is quite good.

And what about all those great posts about "Carter" bandsaw guides?

On the other hand, once in awhile it is sort of fun to watch folks try
to teach the others' pig to sing....

:-)

Lou

Robert Bonomi October 4th 04 02:59 AM

In article ,
loutent wrote:

Unfortunately, we've added "Carter" recently, which is a shame 'cuz his
woodworking is quite good.

And what about all those great posts about "Carter" bandsaw guides?

On the other hand, once in awhile it is sort of fun to watch folks try
to teach the others' pig to sing....

Actually, I've found that the _hard_ part is teaching the pig a _second_
song. They usually pick up on the first one rather quickly --

(proceed at your own risk.)

"Squealings,
nothing more than squealings....."

Never Enough Money October 4th 04 02:29 PM

I use Google groups. Is there a way for me to eliminate all the
political banter, too?

I don't know about hitting "I" key in Agent.
I don't know how to set the view.....

Kurt October 4th 04 08:37 PM

(Never Enough Money) wrote in message . com...
I use Google groups. Is there a way for me to eliminate all the
political banter, too?

I also use Google. When I look at the list of threads, I just skip
over subjects that don't interest me. I click only the subjects I
want to read.