DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   nailing cedar shingles, what nail to use? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/71806-nailing-cedar-shingles-what-nail-use.html)

noname October 2nd 04 07:39 PM

nailing cedar shingles, what nail to use?

Hi
I would like to know what is the best nail to use for nailing regular
eastern cedar shingle on particle wood panels. this is for a backward
project in eastern Canada.
thanks

Slowhand October 2nd 04 11:49 PM

"noname" wrote in message
.. .
Hi
I would like to know what is the best nail to use for nailing regular
eastern cedar shingle on particle wood panels. this is for a backward
project in eastern Canada.

Can't say I've ever nailed a shingle to particle board. Butt, on cdx
plywood I use a bostich narrow crown stapler. For outdoor projects, make
sure to use stainless staples.
SH

loutent October 4th 04 01:28 AM

I would like to know what is the best nail to use for nailing regular
eastern cedar shingle on particle wood panels. this is for a backward
project in eastern Canada.

Use SS for sure. Also, be certain to get the ones that are made to face
east - it's really hard to nail/staple from the inside - out!

;-)

Lou