DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vacuum (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/69745-vacuum.html)

Lou Aiello September 23rd 04 05:05 AM

Vacuum

Has anyonr built a vacuum pump to hold wood in place such as to a router
template? Any idea where to get parts and instructions?

Mike Hide September 23rd 04 07:20 AM

There have been several articals in FWW over the years............mjh

--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

Jim Artherholt September 23rd 04 01:40 PM

Check out www.joewoodworker.com. He sells parts to make a vacuum press that
can also be used as a clamp. There have been other articles using
refrigerator compressors.

--
Jim Artherholt

David Chamberlain September 25th 04 02:48 AM

I agree with Jim. Check out www.joewoodworker.com Joe is a great guy. I
used his part to build a nice vacuum unit. I ran a spare vacuum line up to
my kitchen and I use it for vacuum sealed jars so that I don't have to get
out my Foodsaver vacuum unit when I ant to put some dry goods away.

--
dbchamber at hotmail spam dot com

Remove the spam to reach me