Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ice-10 Cabinet Saw

I need to clean and service the gears inside the cabinet. How does one remove the top?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...w-3122678-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/1/2021 8:31 PM, Tom wrote:
I need to clean and service the gears inside the cabinet. How does one
remove the top?

Removing the top is easy, getting it precisely back in place is not. I
would advise spraying a de greaser, with nozzle, on the gears and follow
up with a spray, with nozzle, lithium grease.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/2/2021 9:45 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/1/2021 8:31 PM, Tom wrote:
I need to clean and service the gears inside the cabinet. How does one
remove the top?

Removing the top is easy, getting it precisely back in place is not.Â* I
would advise spraying a de greaser, with nozzle, on the gears and follow
up with a spray, with nozzle, lithium grease.

Assuming he's talking about the gears that raise and tilt the blade, I'd
probably spray with a dry lube rather than lithium grease. If it were
me, I'd spray with the same stuff we use on our tops, Bostik Top Cote.
I've used it on all my clamp screws and it works great.

Also I'd think getting the top back in place should not be all that hard
for a woodworker use to squaring things up. I reckon that would depend
on the saw, and might look if YouTube had any ideas to help.

--
Jack
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/10/2021 12:36 PM, Jack wrote:
On 6/2/2021 9:45 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/1/2021 8:31 PM, Tom wrote:
I need to clean and service the gears inside the cabinet. How does
one remove the top?

Removing the top is easy, getting it precisely back in place is not.
I would advise spraying a de greaser, with nozzle, on the gears and
follow up with a spray, with nozzle, lithium grease.

Assuming he's talking about the gears that raise and tilt the blade, I'd
probably spray with a dry lube rather than lithium grease.Â* If it were
me, I'd spray with the same stuff we use on our tops, Bostik Top Cote.
I've used it on all my clamp screws and it works great.

Also I'd think getting the top back in place should not be all that hard
for a woodworker use to squaring things up.Â* I reckon that would depend
on the saw, and might look if YouTube had any ideas to help.

I'm not sure about an Ice- 10 Cabinet saw but if there are any shims at
each bolt location, you would want to be certain that they all go back
in the same place.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:36:30 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 6/2/2021 9:45 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/1/2021 8:31 PM, Tom wrote:
I need to clean and service the gears inside the cabinet. How does one
remove the top?

Removing the top is easy, getting it precisely back in place is not.* I
would advise spraying a de greaser, with nozzle, on the gears and follow
up with a spray, with nozzle, lithium grease.

Assuming he's talking about the gears that raise and tilt the blade, I'd
probably spray with a dry lube rather than lithium grease. If it were
me, I'd spray with the same stuff we use on our tops, Bostik Top Cote.
I've used it on all my clamp screws and it works great.

Also I'd think getting the top back in place should not be all that hard
for a woodworker use to squaring things up. I reckon that would depend
on the saw, and might look if YouTube had any ideas to help.

Best way to get the top back on with guide tracks parallel to the
blade, use paint masking tape both sides of the blade. Use a framing
square flush to the blade draw lines down the tape. Then remove top.

Helps if the blade is flat.

You have a guide to replace the top and knowing it is back where it
belongs.

But if you start with one that is not set up right all bets are off.