DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/686183-re-what-value-sears-craftsman10-inch-radial-arm-saw-model-no-113-29411-a.html)

Golem April 19th 21 09:45 PM

what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

I had a circa 1975 model of the RAS which remained in good working order in 2020. I thought about selling it and the price most people suggested was about $75. There's not much market for the RASs so I gave it a struggling contractor who had done some work on my house. It seemed like the better course since I got to feel good, he got a still useful saw, and I didn't have to go to the trouble of finding a buyer, showing it several times to lookyloos.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-764332-.htm

DerbyDad03 April 20th 21 12:06 AM

On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 3:45:06 PM UTC-4, Golem wrote:
I had a circa 1975 model of the RAS which remained in good working order in 2020. I thought about
selling it and the price most people suggested was about $75. There's not much market for the RASs
so I gave it a struggling contractor who had done some work on my house.

You gave the saw a contractor? I'm sure the saw was very grateful. Probably spinning with joy.

It seemed like the better course since I got to feel good, he got a still useful saw, and I didn't have
to go to the trouble of finding a buyer, showing it several times to lookyloos.

What makes you think you'd get lookyloos for something that there isn't much market for?

Just Wondering[_4_] April 20th 21 12:55 AM

On 4/19/2021 4:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 3:45:06 PM UTC-4, Golem wrote:
I had a circa 1975 model of the RAS which remained in good working order in 2020. I thought about
selling it and the price most people suggested was about $75. There's not much market for the RASs
so I gave it a struggling contractor who had done some work on my house.

You gave the saw a contractor? I'm sure the saw was very grateful. Probably spinning with joy.

It seemed like the better course since I got to feel good, he got a still useful saw, and I didn't have
to go to the trouble of finding a buyer, showing it several times to lookyloos.

What makes you think you'd get lookyloos for something that there isn't much market for?

Luckyloos?
https://www.luckyloos.us/
"You've found the portable sanitation delivery service that
specializes in hand-delivering your pot of gold."

[email protected] April 20th 21 03:33 AM

what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 19:45:02 +0000, Golem
wrote:

I had a circa 1975 model of the RAS which remained in good working order in 2020. I thought about selling it and the price most people suggested was about $75. There's not much market for the RASs so I gave it a struggling contractor who had done some work on my house. It seemed like the better course since I got to feel good, he got a still useful saw, and I didn't have to go to the trouble of finding a buyer, showing it several times to lookyloos.

I'd give mine to anyone who asked, too. I have a couple of SCMSs that
I'd like to get rid of. One is worth something (Bosch) but the other
is a 10" HF special. It's not bad but it didn't cost much then ($100,
IIRC). I'll probably use it for replacing the deck decking. If it
rains, I've lost nothing.

DerbyDad03 April 20th 21 05:17 AM

wrote:

I had a circa 1975 model of the RAS which remained in good working order in 2020. I thought about selling it and the price most people suggested was about $75. There's not much market for the RASs so I gave it a struggling contractor who had done some work on my house. It seemed like the better course since I got to feel good, he got a still useful saw, and I didn't have to go to the trouble of finding a buyer, showing it several times to lookyloos.

I'd give mine to anyone who asked, too. I have a couple of SCMSs that
I'd like to get rid of. One is worth something (Bosch) but the other
is a 10" HF special. It's not bad but it didn't cost much then ($100,
IIRC). I'll probably use it for replacing the deck decking. If it
rains, I've lost nothing.

I saved my old Delta MS for cutting PT wood, metal and other crap. Keeps my
Bosch Glide saw from getting beat up. The Delta lives out in the shed.