DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Make wooden inserts for SawStop Table Saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/685884-make-wooden-inserts-sawstop-table-saw.html)

StevenWoodward[_2_] April 3rd 21 07:01 PM

Make wooden inserts for SawStop Table Saw

The bottom of a SawStop insert is difficult to replicate in a shop made wooden insert.
If we limit the application to vertical cuts, and exclude maximum height of the blade, then the insert becomes much simpler, and still works most of the time.

Wooden inserts have the advantage of zero clearance around the blade. Also they are quick to make and low cost so you can have one for each dado width.

https://youtu.be/PGWh1nq3wJ0

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...w-3109310-.htm

[email protected] April 4th 21 02:36 AM

Make wooden inserts for SawStop Table Saw

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 17:01:01 +0000, StevenWoodward
wrote:

The bottom of a SawStop insert is difficult to replicate in a shop made wooden insert.
If we limit the application to vertical cuts, and exclude maximum height of the blade, then the insert becomes much simpler, and still works most of the time.

Wooden inserts have the advantage of zero clearance around the blade. Also they are quick to make and low cost so you can have one for each dado width.

https://youtu.be/PGWh1nq3wJ0

More useless clickbait from a sockpuppet. Go away.