DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Accessories for Cross Cut Sleds (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/685544-accessories-cross-cut-sleds.html)

StevenWoodward[_2_] March 19th 21 02:01 AM

Accessories for Cross Cut Sleds

I've been using crosscut sleds for many years but never bothered with fancy stuff like flip stops. As I had to make new sleds for new saw, decided to give accessories a try, and found they are helpful.

I made the fence height the same on both of my sleds so that same accessories could be used on both sleds.

The accessories I made a
1. Flip up stop blocks with magnets to hold the blocks up and magnets to hold the blocks down.
2. Bolt-on fence extensions so that the stop blocks can be used for cutting pieces longer than the crosscut sled.
3. A sliding stop for cutting pieces too small to hold or clamp.

I am interested in other sled accessories that you have found helpful.

https://youtu.be/QhJCVaw-jXA

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...s-3105659-.htm