Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool TS55 Blade

Have googled without success. Am looking to get a blade for my Festool
TS55 that will cut a flat bottom kerf. Not a kerf that an ATB blade
cuts. Any info greatly appreciated.

Vic

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/10/2021 10:32 AM, wrote:
Have googled without success. Am looking to get a blade for my Festool
TS55 that will cut a flat bottom kerf. Not a kerf that an ATB blade
cuts. Any info greatly appreciated.

Vic

This might work.

https://www.festoolusa.com/accessory...8-usa#Overview

Alternatively talk to Forrest and they will make you what you want. Or
if you have a spare blade they will sharpen/shape it the way you want.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 15:56:38 -0500, G Ross wrote:

wrote:
Have googled without success. Am looking to get a blade for my Festool
TS55 that will cut a flat bottom kerf. Not a kerf that an ATB blade
cuts. Any info greatly appreciated.

Vic

A box joint blade cuts a flat bottom kerf.

What make of box joint blade will fit a Festool TS55. Needs to be 160
MM dia with a 20 MM bore?

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 10:32:55 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Have googled without success. Am looking to get a blade for my Festool
TS55 that will cut a flat bottom kerf. Not a kerf that an ATB blade
cuts. Any info greatly appreciated.

Vic

https://www.avg.com

Not positive the Mafell 55 blades fit the Festool 55 track saw, but if they are interchangeable, then maybe look at Mafell track saw blades the same size. One listed below says it is "Tungsten carbide tipped flat top and trapezoidal teeth". The flat top should fit your needs.

https://www.timberwolftools.com/tct-...48-teeth-ft-tt
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 23:56:11 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 10:32:55 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Have googled without success. Am looking to get a blade for my Festool
TS55 that will cut a flat bottom kerf. Not a kerf that an ATB blade
cuts. Any info greatly appreciated.

Vic

https://www.avg.com

Not positive the Mafell 55 blades fit the Festool 55 track saw, but if they are interchangeable, then maybe look at Mafell track saw blades the same size. One listed below says it is "Tungsten carbide tipped flat top and trapezoidal teeth". The flat top should fit your needs.

https://www.timberwolftools.com/tct-...48-teeth-ft-tt

Dimensions are the same so should fit, however "flat top and
trapezoidal teeth" sounds like a triple-chip grind in which the
trapezoidal teeth are a little bit taller than the flat ones. Be nice
if they actually showed the profile.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/03/2021 1:48 pm, Leon wrote:
On 3/10/2021 10:32 AM, wrote:
Have googled without success. Am looking to get a blade for my Festool
TS55 that will cut a flat bottom kerf. Not a kerf that an ATB blade
cuts. Any info greatly appreciated.

Vic

This might work.

https://www.festoolusa.com/accessory...8-usa#Overview

Alternatively talk to Forrest and they will make you what you want.Â* Or if you
have a spare blade they will sharpen/shape it the way you want.

Would a triple chip work?