Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lawrence L'Hote

Default Ah Ahmost Wet Maself

I just got back from the steam engine show over at Boonville, MO
http://www.mrvsea.com/fall_show.htm
I may go back tomorrow because I spent all the $$ I had on tools. I came
home with two tinners hammers, a pair of sheet metal cutters and a handful
of those small metal rules(Starrett and General). Also, I found some
cabinet makers rasps....that's when I almost had an 'accident'. I bought
the three cabinet makers rasps which were all he had. He had hundreds of
other Nickelson metal cutting files
Pix about 60kb
(rasp on right is one I had from Woodcraft...guess how much I paid for that
one?)
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/rasp1big.jpg
I turned one over so you can see the price tag.

A closeup. The one in the center is the one from Woodcraft.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/rasp2big.jpg

I asked the guy, who was there with his wife(who, BTW, gave me a bag to hold
another vendor's stuff) "How can you sell Nickelson files so cheap." His
reply," because I can buy them so cheap. I don't have much profit margin."

Now, why does one need 4 identical wood rasps?
Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO