DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita model 2012 planer (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/68462-makita-model-2012-planer.html)

Never Enough Money September 9th 04 03:16 AM

Makita model 2012 planer

Got it used for $100. Is it a good planer? It's the only one I know
where the motor is stationary and the platform adjusts in height. All
the others I've seen, it's the motor height that adjust which seems
better since it's easier to build extensions for it....

I read one review that said it's light and easily portable. Two things
I don't really care about since I don't move it in my shop -- at least
not very often.

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 September 9th 04 03:52 AM

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
om...
Got it used for $100. Is it a good planer? It's the only one I know
where the motor is stationary and the platform adjusts in height. All
the others I've seen, it's the motor height that adjust which seems
better since it's easier to build extensions for it....

I read one review that said it's light and easily portable. Two things
I don't really care about since I don't move it in my shop -- at least
not very often.

For $100 working it's a great planer.
--
© Jon Down ®
Need Blades???

jo4hn September 9th 04 04:34 AM

Never Enough Money wrote:

Got it used for $100. Is it a good planer? It's the only one I know
where the motor is stationary and the platform adjusts in height. All
the others I've seen, it's the motor height that adjust which seems
better since it's easier to build extensions for it....

I read one review that said it's light and easily portable. Two things
I don't really care about since I don't move it in my shop -- at least
not very often.

I've had one for several years and it's always done good stuff for me.
I've been buying replacement blades from Highland Hardware (on the 3rd
set). For $100, it's great.
mahalo,
jo4hn