Old November 29th 20, 06:51 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where is Grizzly Band Saw Made?

On 11/29/2020 9:29 AM, Leon wrote:

It is not unusual for an 18 wheeler engine to go 1,000,000 miles and to
be rebuilt a time or two after that.

That's at least as much to do with that a truck tractor is solid-enough
to last as well and that 90% of those 1M are OTR.

The consumer pickemup otoh, isn't intended for such longevity by
design--even if were, people simply get tired of personal vehicles for
other reasons first.

The last Duramax I had had almost 500K when traded; it's still in use as
I see it occasionally around town. I fully expect at least that with
this one as well...but the rest of the truck was getting frayed enough
and, like you, we decided wanted a better ride and the four doors, so
gave up two in place of one for it.

BIL has the Ford in a utility service vehicle that I know has almost
750K on it and is still in excellent shape; we took it to NM a couple
years ago...

Old November 29th 20, 07:04 PM posted to rec.woodworking

(Scott Lurndal) wrote:

The replacement colorado meh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__tzPkZywdE

LOL
Old November 30th 20, 02:56 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/29/2020 11:51 AM, dpb wrote:
On 11/29/2020 9:29 AM, Leon wrote:

It is not unusual for an 18 wheeler engine to go 1,000,000 miles and
to be rebuilt a time or two after that.

That's at least as much to do with that a truck tractor is solid-enough
to last as well and that 90% of those 1M are OTR.

LOL Yeah, there is that.

The consumer pickemup otoh, isn't intended for such longevity by
design--even if were, people simply get tired of personal vehicles for
other reasons first.

The last Duramax I had had almost 500K when traded; it's still in use as
I see it occasionally around town.¬* I fully expect at least that with
this one as well...but the rest of the truck was getting frayed enough
and, like you, we decided wanted a better ride and the four doors, so
gave up two in place of one for it.

No doubt that some of the pick up diesels will go and go. BUT the Ford
pick up diesel that "had" such a great reputation.....well Ford just
recently lost an enormous class action law suite over that engine.

And then there is the price of the option to get those diesel engines....

Old November 30th 20, 03:46 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/29/2020 7:56 PM, Leon wrote:
[...]

Hadn't heard anything about it...surprises me, but never had a Ford
truck on the place. But there surely are a lot of them around and not
heard any of the guys with them grouching about the engine. One of the
guys in the old coffee klatch when we were still meeting didn't like his
new one nearly as well, but it wasn't the engine he complained about but
all the foo-fah electronics.

And then there is the price of the option to get those diesel engines....

And what did that truck tractor diesel cost to get the 1M miles in
comparison? Pickemup diesels are not that expensive in comparison--it's
easy to drop $50K on gas model any more.

The mileage difference w/ the Duramax is impressive and makes it up plus
if one really uses the truck as a truck (very few PUs by comparison
really are trucks) it's incomparable.

We got by w/ gas for years back in the 50s-60s-70s and pulled the guts
out of 'em w/ anhydrous trailers, bale beds, etc., etc., ... but I'd
never go back.

Old November 30th 20, 04:02 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/30/2020 8:46 AM, dpb wrote:
[...]

I cannot say what rebuilding would cost.

In the case of choosing a new F250 with the Power Stroke Diesel, you
start with an XL-250 for $35675.00 and add 30% for the diesel. $10,495.00

Apparently Ford knew about a problem with their 6.0 Powerstroke diesel
going back to 2014. I'm not certain if the 6.7 is an improvement or
status quo.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/10/6-...-against-ford/

Old November 30th 20, 04:47 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/30/2020 9:02 AM, Leon wrote:
On 11/30/2020 8:46 AM, dpb wrote:
[...]

Certified rebuilds will be $20-40K typical.

A quick look found 455 hp Detroit w/ 300K on 2019 remanufacture date
available for $13,500 -- seemed pretty typical offerings.

A 16V71 long block assembly alone is going for $45,000 -- that's
remanufactured w/ OEM parts, not even a new one.

In the case of choosing a new F250 with the Power Stroke Diesel, you
start with an XL-250 for $35675.00 and add 30% for the diesel.¬* $10,495.00

While it's not priced as an option for a truck tractor, you'll be paying
at least 2X that as part of the sticker price for a lower end engine.