DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone in Mid West looking for a big Jointer (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/682296-anyone-mid-west-looking-big-jointer.html)

Sonny November 17th 20 03:03 PM

Anyone in Mid West looking for a big Jointer

24" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/1344/13188
12" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/8/9787

Sonny

G Ross[_2_] November 18th 20 04:48 PM

Sonny wrote:
24" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/1344/13188
12" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/8/9787

Sonny

That 24" looks like an aircraft carrier.

--
G Ross

DerbyDad03 November 18th 20 07:32 PM

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 10:03:32 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
24" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/1344/13188
12" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/8/9787

Sonny

The 12" is no longer available.

Cut the 24" in half?

DerbyDad03 November 18th 20 07:37 PM

Anyone in Mid West looking for a big Jointer

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 10:03:32 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
24" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/1344/13188
12" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/8/9787

Sonny

On the other hand, could have used this to get his
band saw closer to his shop. ;-)

https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/5/16853

[email protected] November 19th 20 01:54 AM

Anyone in Mid West looking for a big Jointer

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 11:37:24 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 10:03:32 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
24" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/1344/13188
12" Northfield - https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/8/9787

Sonny

On the other hand, could have used this to get his
band saw closer to his shop. ;-)

https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/5/16853

Close but the bandsaw was taken care of some time back. I put two,
twin-2x8s from one wall to the other, then hung a hoist between the
two beams.

It also came in handy lifting a lathe so I could put it together.
Adding a second, chain hoist, to lift the bed evenly made things
easier. It didn't help getting it from the truck into the basement.
Even though it's a walk-out, it got "interesting".