DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SCMS Fence (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/68201-scms-fence.html)

Greg Millen September 7th 04 01:10 PM

SCMS Fence

Well, I finally got around to putting a fence on the SCMS bench. I am quite
happy with it, the accuracy is much better than what I had previously.

Pics are on the web at
http://rec.woodworking.homeip.net/wood/ then click on SCMS Fence, or direct
at:

http://rec.woodworking.homeip.net/wo...ence/index.htm

This weekend I'll make a sliding stop block to keep on the fence (freeing up
one more clamp!).

Comments welcome.

Greg

JGS September 8th 04 11:07 AM

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the post. I picked up a few ideas that I will use when I rebuild my
current set up. A question, how did you get the saw to be at the same level as
the L/R tables? I currently use playing cards to shim mine but there must be a
better way. Is the saw bolted to the sub table? Cheers, JG

Greg Millen September 8th 04 11:40 AM

"JGS" wrote in message ...
Hi Greg,
Thanks for the post. I picked up a few ideas that I will use when I
rebuild my
current set up. A question, how did you get the saw to be at the same
level as
the L/R tables?

The tables were built to match the height of the SCMS bed. I knew I couldn't
get it "exact" so I used an old trick - I mounted the SCMS on small rubber
feet and used screws with rubber washers to bolt it down. That way I can
tighten or loosen the screws to get a slight raise or lower of the bed.

you could get the same effect by sitting the saw on some hard(ish) rubber
blocks.

I currently use playing cards to shim mine but there must be a
better way. Is the saw bolted to the sub table? Cheers, JG

Glad you got some value from it.

cheers,

Greg