DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fine Bronze Wool (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/679614-fine-bronze-wool.html)

Sonny September 5th 20 12:33 PM

Fine Bronze Wool

At Home Depot. Item description: 3 steel wool pads per pack. LOL.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-Fi...3100/100185012

Sonny

[email protected] September 5th 20 01:35 PM

Fine Bronze Wool

On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 04:33:34 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

At Home Depot. Item description: 3 steel wool pads per pack. LOL.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-Fi...3100/100185012

Sonny

Product Specification : Wool Grade 0-Fine

The second Customer Question :

" Is this 0000 .. ? "

Duh.

John T.

whit3rd September 7th 20 12:21 AM

Fine Bronze Wool

Yeah, if you you want to clean off a wood or fiberglass item, and don't like the prospect
of leaving rust, it's useful to have the nonrusting metal.

So, the bronze alloy is a steel-wool substitute.

And, for RF blocking in electronics, it's a nice way to close gaps.
They still make lead wool, too (used to be for bell/spigot plumbing joints,
but nowadays we chink our concrete radiation shielding with the stuff).