DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sand Paper Source? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/67842-sand-paper-source.html)

Rumpty September 4th 04 02:57 PM

Sand Paper Source?

Your favorite web place to purchase sand paper/materials is??????????

--

Rumpty

RKG September 4th 04 03:17 PM

I order mine on line or at the woodshows from Royce Sales
www.sandpaper.ca they ship to the U.S.

Rick

Tom September 4th 04 06:24 PM

Rumpty wrote: Your favorite web place to purchase sand paper/materials
is??????????

Locally, of course. Tom

Work at your leisure!

Edwin Pawlowski September 4th 04 10:31 PM

"Seeker" wrote in message

http://www.industrialabrasives.com/index.html

Key word: Industrial Abrasives They don't seem to care about us home
users.

I just looked and cannot find the 5 hole or 8 hold hook and loop 5" or 6"
disks that most of us use.
..

Andy Dingley September 4th 04 10:32 PM

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 15:56:01 -0700, Father Haskell
wrote:

I make my own, thank you very much.

I prefer the organic stuff, so I grow it (horsetails)

DanG September 4th 04 11:19 PM

I'm sorry you have gotten such a run around. Here is the absolute
best source:

http://www.klingspor.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Rumpty" wrote in message
Your favorite web place to purchase sand paper/materials
is??????????

--

Rumpty

Radial Arm Saw Forum:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/woodbutcher/start

Father Haskell September 4th 04 11:56 PM

Charlie Self September 5th 04 12:36 AM

Ed Pawlowski notes:

"Seeker" wrote in message

http://www.industrialabrasives.com/index.html

Key word: Industrial Abrasives They don't seem to care about us home
users.

I just looked and cannot find the 5 hole or 8 hold hook and loop 5" or 6"
disks that most of us use.
.

Try www.supergrit.com

Charlie Self
"I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he
excites among his opponents." Sir Winston Churchill

Seeker September 5th 04 01:02 AM

If you're to lazy to locate those products, then I must assume you have your
food spoon fed to you. 5",6"- 5 hole 8 hole whatever they are all there,
Rhynogrip is the manufacturer.

Edwin Pawlowski September 5th 04 03:23 AM

"Seeker" wrote in message

If you're to lazy to locate those products, then I must assume you have
your
food spoon fed to you. 5",6"- 5 hole 8 hole whatever they are all there,
Rhynogrip is the manufacturer.

Who are you replying to? If you meant me, I can find a hundred sources, but
not at the web site that was given.
Ed

Edwin Pawlowski September 5th 04 03:27 AM

"Seeker" wrote in message

If you're to lazy to locate those products, then I must assume you have
your
food spoon fed to you. 5",6"- 5 hole 8 hole whatever they are all there,
Rhynogrip is the manufacturer.

OK, I found them. Not very intuitive is it? They should take a look at how
they describe stuff. At my local stores and other web pages, h&l is usually
under h&l.

jo4hn September 5th 04 04:38 PM

amen.

Rumpty September 6th 04 01:22 PM

OK, I found them. Not very intuitive is it? They should take a look at
how
they describe stuff. At my local stores and other web pages, h&l is usually
under h&l.

Ed,

I've been to Industrial Abrasives factory office and they are a bit "behind
times" in their sales effort (web page/catalog), but I use some of their
products and their service/product is fine.

--

Rumpty

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

Rumpty September 6th 04 01:24 PM

I'm sorry you have gotten such a run around. Here is the absolute
best source:

Run around? Naw, just good exercise from the folks who read the wreck!
FWIW I use both Industrial Abrasives and Klingspor.

Thanks for the suggestions folks!

--

Rumpty