Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What Is It?

I made this today. What is it?

Both sides have a matching bottom profile.
14" long, 13" wide.
5.5" tall at the rear, 7" tall at the front.
Open front, rear and bottom.

Hints:
I just bought a 2017 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/JPaP0dY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gRCgJaG.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/19/2020 11:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I made this today. What is it?

Both sides have a matching bottom profile.
14" long, 13" wide.
5.5" tall at the rear, 7" tall at the front.
Open front, rear and bottom.

Hints:
I just bought a 2017 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/JPaP0dY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gRCgJaG.jpg

Looks like it would go over the center console to make a flat surface.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:36:57 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/19/2020 11:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I made this today. What is it?

Both sides have a matching bottom profile.
14" long, 13" wide.
5.5" tall at the rear, 7" tall at the front.
Open front, rear and bottom.

Hints:
I just bought a 2017 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/JPaP0dY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gRCgJaG.jpg

Looks like it would go over the center console to make a flat surface.

Close. Your answer is missing one word.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 10:13:17 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 7/20/2020 3:23 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:36:57 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/19/2020 11:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I made this today. What is it?

Both sides have a matching bottom profile.
14" long, 13" wide.
5.5" tall at the rear, 7" tall at the front.
Open front, rear and bottom.

Hints:
I just bought a 2017 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/JPaP0dY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gRCgJaG.jpg

Looks like it would go over the center console to make a flat surface.

Close. Your answer is missing one word.

Support

Where are you putting that word?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/20/2020 3:23 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:36:57 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/19/2020 11:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I made this today. What is it?

Both sides have a matching bottom profile.
14" long, 13" wide.
5.5" tall at the rear, 7" tall at the front.
Open front, rear and bottom.

Hints:
I just bought a 2017 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/JPaP0dY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gRCgJaG.jpg

Looks like it would go over the center console to make a flat surface.

Close. Your answer is missing one word.

Looks like off-the-shelf Home Depot, New Zealand Radiata Pine.

Dave in SoTex
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/23/2020 8:37 AM, Dave in SoTex wrote:
On 7/20/2020 3:23 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:36:57 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/19/2020 11:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I made this today. What is it?

It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/JPaP0dY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gRCgJaG.jpg

Looks like it would go over the center console to make a flat surface.

It'll never work! The top front/rear edges aren't angled to match...

Close. Your answer is missing one word.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Looks like off-the-shelf Home Depot, New Zealand Radiata Pine.

I dunno...the stuff from Menards (only clear pine of any sort it seems
from the box store) I got has much more prominent brown flecks and lacks
the clear growth ring coloration...it didn't have any more
identification than "Product of New Zealand" and I hadn't tried to find
a species id.

The HD is across the road but I didn't go over; much prefer Menards as a
rule.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 2:27:23 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 7/23/2020 8:37 AM, Dave in SoTex wrote:
On 7/20/2020 3:23 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:36:57 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/19/2020 11:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I made this today. What is it?

It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

https://i.imgur.com/JPaP0dY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gRCgJaG.jpg

Looks like it would go over the center console to make a flat surface.

It'll never work! The top front/rear edges aren't angled to match...

Close. Your answer is missing one word.

The missing word is *base*.

It goes over the center console *base* to make a flat surface.

In my 06 Odyssey the center console was hinged to the side of passenger
seat and open underneath. Wide boards (up to 12") could slip underneath
but the height of the stack was limited. Fold the console down and 10"
wide boards could be stacked pretty high. Maximum length was just under
11'.

On the 17 Odyssey, they "solidified" the console. Nothing can go underneath.

https://i.imgur.com/yqajMKz.jpg

But it comes out...

https://i.imgur.com/tM5foLb.jpg

The bottom profile matches the floor on each side of the base. The angle
results in the top being level with back of the cargo area of the van.
Rubber pads front and rear of the stack will protect the wood from damaging
anything if (when) something slides.

https://i.imgur.com/Je9q2Ph.jpg

I may need to paint it "Truffle". ;-)

I'm pretty anal about keeping my vehicles clean and un-dinged up, even though
I haul a lot of stuff in the Odyssey's. Cardboard for the sides, moving
blankets on the carpets, etc. My 06 looks immaculate compared to some of the
16-17's that we were looking at.

The one I bought is Certified Pre-Owned, so it's in really good shape and I
plan to keep it that way.

Hitch and ATF cooler going on this weekend.