DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/677731-re-plastic-lumber-where-do-you-buy.html)

[email protected] July 17th 20 04:23 PM

Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it?

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)?

A place that stocks, with a variety of shapes and colors.

I know I can get deck board but that's not what I'm after. THANKS.

I too am looking for it, I have seen deck chairs, swings, etc., made from it and cannot find the RAW poly-lumber. The Amish are selling the finished products in a multitude of colors, it looks like wood by texture and even war marks. Nice looking stuff. It is NOT cast or extruded.It is from a product that looks just like wood.

Markem[_2_] July 17th 20 04:40 PM

Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it?

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 08:23:43 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)?

A place that stocks, with a variety of shapes and colors.

I know I can get deck board but that's not what I'm after. THANKS.

I too am looking for it, I have seen deck chairs, swings, etc.,

Menard's sells PVC 1 by lumber in varied widths.

Scott Lurndal July 17th 20 04:46 PM

wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)?

A place that stocks, with a variety of shapes and colors.

I know I can get deck board but that's not what I'm after. THANKS.

I too am looking for it, I have seen deck chairs, swings, etc.,

Menard's sells PVC 1 by lumber in varied widths.

To be fair, High Density PolyEthylene and Poly Vinyl Choloride
are not the same thing.

J. Clarke[_5_] July 17th 20 06:32 PM

wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)?

A place that stocks, with a variety of shapes and colors.

I know I can get deck board but that's not what I'm after. THANKS.

I too am looking for it, I have seen deck chairs, swings, etc., made from it and cannot find the RAW poly-lumber. The Amish are selling the finished products in a multitude of colors, it looks like wood by texture and even war marks. Nice looking stuff. It is NOT cast or extruded.It is from a product that looks just like wood.

If the Amish sell products made out of if they must know where to buy
it. Have you tried _asking_?

J. Clarke[_5_] July 17th 20 06:51 PM

Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it?

wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)?

A place that stocks, with a variety of shapes and colors.

I know I can get deck board but that's not what I'm after. THANKS.

I too am looking for it, I have seen deck chairs, swings, etc.,

Menard's sells PVC 1 by lumber in varied widths.

To be fair, High Density PolyEthylene and Poly Vinyl Choloride
are not the same thing.

Not nearly the same.

Here's a supplier that appears to take online orders. I have a
project in mind, I may place an order with them and see what happens.

https://plasticlumberyard.com/

Markem[_2_] July 17th 20 08:28 PM

wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)?

A place that stocks, with a variety of shapes and colors.

I know I can get deck board but that's not what I'm after. THANKS.

I too am looking for it, I have seen deck chairs, swings, etc.,

Menard's sells PVC 1 by lumber in varied widths.

To be fair, High Density PolyEthylene and Poly Vinyl Choloride
are not the same thing.

Yeah but I have not seen any HDPE available at nearby suppliers.