Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hylourgos

Default Help ID: Stanley C559 MP Plane?

I picked up a Stanley plane today that has me intrigued. Same
size/shape as a #5, but heavier. It's labeled between the tote and
frog, "C559 MP" (same on frog), "made in USA" in back of the front
knob, and has a stanley lever cap w/ kidney shaped hole, the stanley
blade is marked "H1205 (12-205)". The tote and knob are plastic, but
of a heavier material than the cheap ones I see on new Stanleys.

The casting is thick and heavy, reminding me of a bedrock: one rib
behind the tote, two in front forming a triangle pointing to the frog.
The frog is also heavier.

I couldv'e sworn I read about Stanleys like this, but I can't remember
where I read it.

Any help?

Thanks,