DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scroll Saws: Hegner vs. all the others (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/651352-scroll-saws-hegner-vs-all-others.html)

[email protected] July 2nd 20 12:22 AM

Scroll Saws: Hegner vs. all the others

I have tried several scroll saws and the hegner is hands down the best one, no vibration, smooth cuts, easy to change blades and travels well with easy, quick setup. I have the 22 inch and have had it for 15 year, I decided to try the Excalibur EX-21, I hate it so much vibration, what a waste of money. The RBI Hawk is another good one, but for me I am selling my excalibur and buying a new Hegner.

Leon[_7_] July 2nd 20 01:09 AM

On 7/1/2020 6:22 PM, wrote:
I have tried several scroll saws and the hegner is hands down the best one, no vibration, smooth cuts, easy to change blades and travels well with easy, quick setup. I have the 22 inch and have had it for 15 year, I decided to try the Excalibur EX-21, I hate it so much vibration, what a waste of money. The RBI Hawk is another good one, but for me I am selling my excalibur and buying a new Hegner.

Thanks for the update!

[email protected] July 2nd 20 02:15 AM

Scroll Saws: Hegner vs. all the others

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 16:22:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have tried several scroll saws and the hegner is hands down the best one, no vibration, smooth cuts, easy to change blades and travels well with easy, quick setup. I have the 22 inch and have had it for 15 year, I decided to try the Excalibur EX-21, I hate it so much vibration, what a waste of money. The RBI Hawk is another good one, but for me I am selling my excalibur and buying a new Hegner.

Yeah, for more than a grand and a half, one would think it would be a
decent tool.

Leon[_7_] July 2nd 20 06:32 PM

wrote:

I have tried several scroll saws and the hegner is hands down the best one, no vibration, smooth cuts, easy to change blades and travels well with easy, quick setup. I have the 22 inch and have had it for 15 year, I decided to try the Excalibur EX-21, I hate it so much vibration, what a waste of money. The RBI Hawk is another good one, but for me I am selling my excalibur and buying a new Hegner.

Yeah, for more than a grand and a half, one would think it would be a
decent tool.

FWIW there is a $3K difference of improvement when going from a Delta
scroll saw to a $1.5K Henger. ;~) Some times the price is worth it.

[email protected] July 3rd 20 03:07 AM

wrote:

I have tried several scroll saws and the hegner is hands down the best one, no vibration, smooth cuts, easy to change blades and travels well with easy, quick setup. I have the 22 inch and have had it for 15 year, I decided to try the Excalibur EX-21, I hate it so much vibration, what a waste of money. The RBI Hawk is another good one, but for me I am selling my excalibur and buying a new Hegner.

Yeah, for more than a grand and a half, one would think it would be a
decent tool.

FWIW there is a $3K difference of improvement when going from a Delta
scroll saw to a $1.5K Henger. ;~) Some times the price is worth it.

What about others, like King or Jet?

Leon[_7_] July 3rd 20 07:42 PM

wrote:

I have tried several scroll saws and the hegner is hands down the best one, no vibration, smooth cuts, easy to change blades and travels well with easy, quick setup. I have the 22 inch and have had it for 15 year, I decided to try the Excalibur EX-21, I hate it so much vibration, what a waste of money. The RBI Hawk is another good one, but for me I am selling my excalibur and buying a new Hegner.

Yeah, for more than a grand and a half, one would think it would be a
decent tool.

FWIW there is a $3K difference of improvement when going from a Delta
scroll saw to a $1.5K Henger. ;~) Some times the price is worth it.

What about others, like King or Jet?

They are probably $3K better than the Delta too. ;~)

If I was looking at scroll saws I would start with the DeWalt.