Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A table saw on CL

Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/17/2020 2:22 PM, Markem wrote:
Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

Walker-Turner stuff was pretty good; I have an early-50s during the
Rockwell transition HD shaper, but unless you're interested in nostalgia
and antique collectables, that-there particular tool is to be left...$50
to take off their hands be about right!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/17/2020 3:22 PM, Markem wrote:
Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

Pick up only. Must have boat.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:22:16 -0500, Markem
wrote:

Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

That stand looks pretty good. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 3:22:21 PM UTC-4, Markem wrote:
Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

I once stopped at a garage sale that had a small (4"?) jointer that looked
very much like that TS, condition-wise. $15, including the stand.

The devil on my right shoulder had me reaching for my wallet until the angel
on my left smacked him to the ground and stomped the crap out of him.

Refurbishing the machine would probably have been another project that
would never get done.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/18/2020 4:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 3:22:21 PM UTC-4, Markem wrote:
Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

I once stopped at a garage sale that had a small (4"?) jointer that looked
very much like that TS, condition-wise. $15, including the stand.

The devil on my right shoulder had me reaching for my wallet until the angel
on my left smacked him to the ground and stomped the crap out of him.

Refurbishing the machine would probably have been another project that
would never get done.

But a boat anchor for $15 is a good deal!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 6:00:34 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/18/2020 4:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 3:22:21 PM UTC-4, Markem wrote:
Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

I once stopped at a garage sale that had a small (4"?) jointer that looked
very much like that TS, condition-wise. $15, including the stand.

The devil on my right shoulder had me reaching for my wallet until the angel
on my left smacked him to the ground and stomped the crap out of him.

Refurbishing the machine would probably have been another project that
would never get done.

But a boat anchor for $15 is a good deal!

"Look Honey. I bought an anchor. Let's go shop for a boat."

Uh..yeah..like that would've worked.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/18/2020 11:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 6:00:34 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/18/2020 4:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 3:22:21 PM UTC-4, Markem wrote:
Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

I once stopped at a garage sale that had a small (4"?) jointer that looked
very much like that TS, condition-wise. $15, including the stand.

The devil on my right shoulder had me reaching for my wallet until the angel
on my left smacked him to the ground and stomped the crap out of him.

Refurbishing the machine would probably have been another project that
would never get done.

But a boat anchor for $15 is a good deal!

"Look Honey. I bought an anchor. Let's go shop for a boat."

Uh..yeah..like that would've worked.

You do not need to buy a boat, paint it silver and put it in the living
room for a nautical theme!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 2:22:21 PM UTC-5, Markem wrote:
Well if you follow the map might be in the southern Atlantic.

https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tl...141637759.html

Looking at that picture, I don't see any reason to buy that saw. Unless you are building a 1930s replica wood shop. I'm not saying its a bad, evil, awful, horrible, terrible saw. No. It might be a great saw. Good metal. Good bearings. Etc. But machines have progressed quite a bit since then. If you want a table saw, look around on Craigs List a bit more and find some cheap table top saw for sale for cheap. They are out there. Not saying this will be a high end saw. No. But it will work as well or better than that old saw, even after the old saw is restored. Whatever that means.