Old June 10th 20, 05:51 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Warped Bamboo Cutting Board - Can It Be Flattened?

Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

Old June 10th 20, 06:26 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 11:51:07 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

You, essentially, reverse the cause of the problem. Put it outside in the sun, convex side up. It will likely flatten out again.

Sonny
Old June 10th 20, 06:32 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 12:26:27 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 11:51:07 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

You, essentially, reverse the cause of the problem. Put it outside in the sun, convex side up. It will likely flatten out again.

Sonny

The cutting board may have been left exposed in/near the window, where sunlight shone on it, heating/drying the concave side. If that was the case, then dampen the concave side.

Sonny
Old June 10th 20, 07:26 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/10/2020 11:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

Ask the manufacturer.

Old June 10th 20, 07:29 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/10/2020 11:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

If you only use one side attach, with elongated screw slots, attach
straightening feet/runners on the bottom.
Old June 10th 20, 07:48 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 1:32:49 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 12:26:27 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 11:51:07 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

You, essentially, reverse the cause of the problem. Put it outside in the sun, convex side up. It will likely flatten out again.

Sonny

The cutting board may have been left exposed in/near the window, where sunlight shone on it, heating/drying the concave side. If that was the case, then dampen the concave side.

Sonny

Maybe the heat source was from something else, but a window related
occurrence wouldn't fit my kitchen situation. Northern exposure, treed
yard, one window over the sink, etc.

Maybe the under-the-counter LED strips? ;-)
Old June 10th 20, 07:48 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 2:27:00 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/10/2020 11:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

Ask the manufacturer.

I doubt they speak English.
Old June 10th 20, 07:50 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 2:29:16 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/10/2020 11:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

If you only use one side attach, with elongated screw slots, attach
straightening feet/runners on the bottom.

I'm not sure which side is curved, the top or the bottom. I wouldn't want to
fix the wrong side.
Old June 10th 20, 08:26 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 2:50:08 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 2:29:16 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/10/2020 11:51 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Can this be fixed? If so...how?

https://i.imgur.com/1MVvQMW.jpg

I first noticed it this morning and when I asked SWMBO, she said the same
thing. She doesn't recall soaking it or leaving it in a shallow puddle or
anything like that. One day it was flat, then it wasn't.

If you only use one side attach, with elongated screw slots, attach
straightening feet/runners on the bottom.

I'm not sure which side is curved, the top or the bottom. I wouldn't want to
fix the wrong side.

Ack! Thppt! (channeling Bill The Cat)

That's the largest of a set of 3. The other 2 are beginning to warp also.

Light weight and SWMBO likes cutting on them, but obviously they have issues.
It's still interesting that they all just started warping at the same time.

There's more humidity now than during the winter, which is when they were
bought. I'm going to blame it on that.

Flattened Sofa Seat Cushions? Jeff Wisnia[_9_] Home Repair 5 February 15th 15 10:27 AM
Warped Chess Board suzyq4 Woodturning 5 November 27th 12 10:23 AM
Bamboo Cutting Boards? trvlnmny Woodworking 13 January 20th 11 03:00 AM
Warped board gary Woodworking 3 January 20th 07 04:05 AM
Front door warped (from heat or rain) and can't lock it Maimai UK diy 2 July 23rd 06 10:24 AM