DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Makita model 2030 planer jointer out of true (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/649421-makita-model-2030-planer-jointer-out-true.html)

Douglas Wilk May 18th 20 06:08 AM

Makita model 2030 planer jointer out of true

I have a 2030 makita planer /jointer where the jointer will not cut a straight edge. On a board 2' long the middle of the board is cut deeper than the ends and is not smooth nor matter how slow I go with the board. the tables are true but can't figure out why it won't cut a straight edge. Any help out there.

Doug

Leon[_7_] May 18th 20 02:28 PM

On 5/18/2020 12:08 AM, Douglas Wilk wrote:
I have a 2030 makita planer /jointer where the jointer will not cut a straight edge. On a board 2' long the middle of the board is cut deeper than the ends and is not smooth nor matter how slow I go with the board. the tables are true but can't figure out why it won't cut a straight edge. Any help out there.

Doug

Outfeed is lower than the cutter

dpb[_3_] May 18th 20 10:26 PM

Makita model 2030 planer jointer out of true

On 5/18/2020 12:08 AM, Douglas Wilk wrote:
I have a 2030 makita planer /jointer where the jointer will not cut a
straight edge. On a board 2' long the middle of the board is cut
deeper than the ends and is not smooth nor matter how slow I go with
the board. the tables are true but can't figure out why it won't cut
a straight edge. Any help out there.

The ripple (which is what I'm guessing you mean by "not smooth" if it
isn't just tearout from dull knives) is owing to the knives not being
all at the same height--the tall one(s) take a bigger cut than the others.

The outfeed table can match the the cutter height ok but if it has some
sag, that will cause the symptom as well.

And, how are you measuring the height adjustment -- it's got to be dead
on, not just close.

I have no idea what the particular tool is; I've only got old heavy iron
so no real specifics on the given one itself, just general setup info.