DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bad news, Robin Lee (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/64863-bad-news-robin-lee.html)

[email protected] August 12th 04 05:30 PM

Bad news, Robin Lee

SWMBO was delighted to find the latest LV Gardening flyer in the mail
yesterday. As she was reading the letter from Robin on the inside
cover, she suddenly blurted out "_our_ garden" from one of the lines
in the letter.

"What?" says I.

"Robin's married" says she, obviously crestfallen.

Looks like you're no longer the world's most eligible bachelor, Robin.

(I hope this doesn't mean that she won't be doing her Christmas
shopping at LV...)

Tim

Tom Watson August 12th 04 05:33 PM

Bad news, Robin Lee

On 12 Aug 2004 09:30:33 -0700,
) wrote:

SWMBO was delighted to find the latest LV Gardening flyer in the mail
yesterday. As she was reading the letter from Robin on the inside
cover, she suddenly blurted out "_our_ garden" from one of the lines
in the letter.

"What?" says I.

"Robin's married" says she, obviously crestfallen.

Looks like you're no longer the world's most eligible bachelor, Robin.

(I hope this doesn't mean that she won't be doing her Christmas
shopping at LV...)

Tim

This made me laugh out loud, which is bad, because now I have little
chunks of lunch all over the monitor.

Thanks anyways.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

J T August 12th 04 06:59 PM

Bad news, Robin Lee

Thu, Aug 12, 2004, 9:30am (EDT-3) says:
SWMBO was delighted to find the latest LV Gardening flyer in the mail
yesterday. As she was reading the letter from Robin on the inside cover,
she suddenly blurted out "_our_ garden" from one of the lines in the
letter.
"What?" says I.
"Robin's married" says she, obviously crestfallen.
Looks like you're no longer the world's most eligible bachelor, Robin.
(I hope this doesn't mean that she won't be doing her Christmas shopping
at LV...)

Look on the bright side. She was probably planning on dumping you
for Robin, know she knows that's no longer an option. LMAO

JOAT
Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.

FRAGGLE ROCK THEME
http://www.muppetsonline.com/midi/fraggle.mid

Robin Lee August 12th 04 07:05 PM

Bad news, Robin Lee

wrote in message
m...
SWMBO was delighted to find the latest LV Gardening flyer in the mail
yesterday. As she was reading the letter from Robin on the inside
cover, she suddenly blurted out "_our_ garden" from one of the lines
in the letter.

"What?" says I.

"Robin's married" says she, obviously crestfallen.

Looks like you're no longer the world's most eligible bachelor, Robin.

(I hope this doesn't mean that she won't be doing her Christmas
shopping at LV...)

Tim

Tim -

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with why my wife was "crestfallen" :)

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Upscale August 12th 04 07:10 PM

Bad news, Robin Lee

"J T" wrote in message
"What?" says I.
"Robin's married" says she, obviously crestfallen.
Looks like you're no longer the world's most eligible bachelor, Robin.
(I hope this doesn't mean that she won't be doing her Christmas shopping
at LV...)

Look on the bright side. She was probably planning on dumping you
for Robin, now she knows that's no longer an option. LMAO

Well, if it was me, I'd be thinking how many tools could I get from Robin
for my wife.

M Wingett August 12th 04 07:41 PM

Bad news, Robin Lee

"Upscale" wrote

Well, if it was me, I'd be thinking how many tools could I get from Robin
for my wife.

Robin,
FT: one wife, slightly used, twice the woman she once was, looking for a LA
block plane. Returns with minor surface blemishes OK. Already sent her
your way, let's see how good your customer service really is.

mw

DJ Delorie August 12th 04 08:41 PM

Bad news, Robin Lee

"Robin Lee" writes:
If I were you, I'd be more concerned with why my wife was "crestfallen" :)

I'm sure a couple of LV diamond lapping stones will take that crest
right out, right Robin? ;-)

[fill in obvious jokes here]

James Cubby Culbertson August 13th 04 12:09 AM

Bad news, Robin Lee

Well we can all hope this means Robin will finally realize just how
dangerous his catelogs are to us un-bachelorized folks. I'm sure a
few divorces have resulted due to his company's catelogs.....haha.

Congrats Robin!
Cheers,
cc

jo4hn August 13th 04 02:59 AM

Bad news, Robin Lee

Jeeeeez. I hope Robin has the good sense not to get involved in this
one. Anyway, anybody missing a good looker, she probably is in the hunt
for yr hmbl srvnt. :-)
j4

Mike Hide August 16th 04 07:32 PM

God this is bad but who is Robin Lee ????? mjh

--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

BobS August 16th 04 08:43 PM

That's an easy one... Just DAGS for "Who wrote the book on Customer
Service"

But just in case you weren't kidding, he's the president and chief bottle
washer of Lee Valley www.leevalley.com . Fair warning though, this is an
adult only rated site because of all the tool porn. And be absolutely
certain that your credit card is locked up where you can't get to it while
viewing this site - you have been duly warned. Do not blame us when the end
of the month comes.

Bob S.

Charles Erskine August 16th 04 11:23 PM

"Mike Hide" wrote in message news:357Uc.304689$JR4.303415@attbi_s54...
God this is bad but who is Robin Lee ????? mjh

He is the Lee in Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/

Woodworm August 17th 04 02:56 AM

"Mike Hide" wrote in message news:357Uc.304689$JR4.303415@attbi_s54...
God this is bad but who is Robin Lee ????? mjh

Well, for a start he is not related to Robin Wood (or is that Hood?).
Also, he is not related to General Lee. And he is not the illegitimate
son of Billie Jean. Neither is Aldo Calrissian.

Woodworm August 17th 04 02:56 AM

"Mike Hide" wrote in message news:357Uc.304689$JR4.303415@attbi_s54...
God this is bad but who is Robin Lee ????? mjh

Well, for a start he is not related to Robin Wood (or is that Hood?).
Also, he is not related to General Lee. And he is not the illegitimate
son of Billie Jean. Neither is Lando Calrissian.

Robert Bonomi August 17th 04 07:12 AM

In article 357Uc.304689$JR4.303415@attbi_s54,
Mike Hide wrote:
God this is bad but who is Robin Lee ????? mjh

A) Batman Lee's junior sidekick.

B) Robin Windward's evil twin alter-ego.