DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   brad nailer (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/643306-brad-nailer.html)

Charles Frenette January 5th 20 06:30 PM

brad nailer

paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

Michael[_24_] January 5th 20 07:24 PM

brad nailer

On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 12:30:56 PM UTC-6, Charles Frenette wrote:
paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

Have you tried it on different materials? Used different (quality) staples?

J. Clarke[_5_] January 5th 20 07:46 PM

brad nailer

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 10:30:53 -0800 (PST), Charles Frenette
wrote:

paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

The manual says that it should be disassembled, cleaned, and relubed
periodically. Have you done that?

Sonny January 6th 20 01:30 AM

brad nailer

On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 12:30:56 PM UTC-6, Charles Frenette wrote:
paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

Have you oiled it regularly over the year's time? If not, then do as J. Clarke says. All pneumatic tools need oiling regularly.... and a periodic cleaning doesn't hurt, either.

Sonny

Scott Lurndal January 6th 20 03:00 PM

brad nailer

Sonny writes:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 12:30:56 PM UTC-6, Charles Frenette wrote:
paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

Have you oiled it regularly over the year's time? If not, then do as J. Clarke says.

All pneumatic tools need oiling regularly....

Actually, my Senco nailers don't require oiling at all.

knuttle January 6th 20 03:39 PM

brad nailer

On 1/5/2020 1:30 PM, Charles Frenette wrote:
paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

Do you have and air leak in the system? Possibly in the gun itself?

Is the pressure guage faulty?

Hawk January 6th 20 10:43 PM

brad nailer

wrote:

paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

The manual says that it should be disassembled, cleaned, and relubed
periodically. Have you done that?

This ^^^.

Clean it. Also try different compressor/air output, different nails and
different nailing material to deduct the cause.

Bob D[_2_] January 6th 20 10:51 PM

brad nailer

On Monday, January 6, 2020 at 9:00:59 AM UTC-6, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Sonny writes:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 12:30:56 PM UTC-6, Charles Frenette wrote:
paslode 18 gauge nailer won't drive staples all the way in. Worked fine for 1st year now no matter how I adjust air or dial it leaves 1/8' sticking out. Is the gun finished and is it worth getting repaired?

Have you oiled it regularly over the year's time? If not, then do as J. Clarke says.

All pneumatic tools need oiling regularly....

Actually, my Senco nailers don't require oiling at all.

Going oilfree was the best thing senco ever did.