Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SkilSaw

What is a brand new 1978 SkilSaw 574C worth today? It was used ONCE
ain 1979 or 1980 in original box - made in Canada - not China or
Mexico or wherever. 10 amp 7 1/4 inch with standard (not carbide)
blade.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/19/2019 3:13 PM, Clare Snyder wrote: What is a brand new 1978
SkilSaw 574C worth today? It was used ONCE
ain 1979 or 1980 in original box - made in Canada - not China or
Mexico or wherever. 10 amp 7 1/4 inch with standard (not carbide)
blade.

That's going to be a hard sale. Its a great saw. A new similar model
Skil made out of plastic is going to run $40 to $70 depending on the
model. Most folks will just see that its old. Not that its in great
condition.

I think my dad has one very similar that's still good. He bought his in
1969 or 1970 I think to build our family grocery store. I used it when
I was working for the phone company in 1987 or 1988.

I'd love to have one, but I have A nice Ryobi,a cheap Ryobi, and a Skill
Worm Drive. Each one setup for a different job.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:41:55 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

On 9/19/2019 3:13 PM, Clare Snyder wrote: What is a brand new 1978
SkilSaw 574C worth today? It was used ONCE
ain 1979 or 1980 in original box - made in Canada - not China or
Mexico or wherever. 10 amp 7 1/4 inch with standard (not carbide)
blade.

That's going to be a hard sale. Its a great saw. A new similar model
Skil made out of plastic is going to run $40 to $70 depending on the
model. Most folks will just see that its old. Not that its in great
condition.

I think my dad has one very similar that's still good. He bought his in
1969 or 1970 I think to build our family grocery store. I used it when
I was working for the phone company in 1987 or 1988.

I'd love to have one, but I have A nice Ryobi,a cheap Ryobi, and a Skill
Worm Drive. Each one setup for a different job.

I'm hoping to find someone who appreciates the quality of the old
metal tools to give $50 for it.

Have a Black and Decker workwheel in like new condition too - going
to see if I can get $25 for it.