DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   5" Random orbit sander operation (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/63655-5%22-random-orbit-sander-operation.html)

MH August 3rd 04 04:03 PM

5" Random orbit sander operation

Can anyone tell me how the smaller ROS sanders are supposed to
operate? I purchased a PC 333VS and it doesn't rotate, just
oscillates. My Bosch 6" ROS rotates and oscillates so I'm not sure if
the unit is working properly or not. I tried the PC help site but got
no response.

Thanks

MH

Paul Irwin August 3rd 04 04:39 PM

5" Random orbit sander operation

I don't have a VS, just a 333 so this is a guess. Have you tried playing
with the variable speed control? It might be that it can be varied to no
rotation.

m...

Mike Myers August 3rd 04 04:53 PM

5" Random orbit sander operation

I do have the 333VS and it does rotate. But only when it is in contact with
something. When you pick it up it stops rotating. This is the way its supposed
to work.
Mike