DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Desk Bridge - Finished (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/636068-desk-bridge-finished.html)

Greg Guarino[_2_] May 27th 19 03:47 PM

Desk Bridge - Finished

https://flic.kr/p/2g3ytc8

Thanks to all who gave advice. The router trammel worked perfectly to cut the curve. Several other things I did were less perfect, but should be instructive for the future.

Ergonomically, I can say that this is already a success. More desk room, less clutter, speakers and monitors at just the right height.

I finished it with four coats of Watco. Then, on a whim, I gave it a light sanding with 1000 grit paper and then paste wax. Soft luster and smooth as can be. I may try that again sometime.

Jerry Osage[_2_] May 27th 19 04:49 PM

Desk Bridge - Finished

On Mon, 27 May 2019 07:47:41 -0700 (PDT), Greg Guarino
wrote:

https://flic.kr/p/2g3ytc8

Thanks to all who gave advice. The router trammel worked perfectly to cut the curve. Several other things I did were less perfect, but should be instructive for the future.

Ergonomically, I can say that this is already a success. More desk room, less clutter, speakers and monitors at just the right height.

I finished it with four coats of Watco. Then, on a whim, I gave it a light sanding with 1000 grit paper and then paste wax. Soft luster and smooth as can be. I may try that again sometime.

A good looking piece of furniture.
--
Jerry O.

DerbyDad03 May 27th 19 10:11 PM

Desk Bridge - Finished

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 10:47:47 AM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:
https://flic.kr/p/2g3ytc8

Thanks to all who gave advice. The router trammel worked perfectly to cut the curve. Several other things I did were less perfect, but should be instructive for the future.

Ergonomically, I can say that this is already a success. More desk room, less clutter, speakers and monitors at just the right height.

I finished it with four coats of Watco. Then, on a whim, I gave it a light sanding with 1000 grit paper and then paste wax. Soft luster and smooth as can be. I may try that again sometime.

Nice Job! Now you've got me thinking about raising my monitor.

How do you like that iGaging setup tool?

Greg Guarino[_2_] May 28th 19 03:36 AM

Desk Bridge - Finished

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 5:11:31 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 10:47:47 AM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:
https://flic.kr/p/2g3ytc8

Thanks to all who gave advice. The router trammel worked perfectly to cut the curve. Several other things I did were less perfect, but should be instructive for the future.

Ergonomically, I can say that this is already a success. More desk room, less clutter, speakers and monitors at just the right height.

I finished it with four coats of Watco. Then, on a whim, I gave it a light sanding with 1000 grit paper and then paste wax. Soft luster and smooth as can be. I may try that again sometime.

Nice Job! Now you've got me thinking about raising my monitor.

Thanks. I had already had my monitors raised to that level, but via a "stand" that I built before I bought the two pieces of audio gear that are tucked under my new "bridge". This is much better.

How do you like that iGaging setup tool?

I've only used the tool once, to set the dado depth. I used it first to measure from the top of my router dado jig to the top of the work piece. Then I added .25" and set the router bit height.

Although the tool does not have the feel of a fine precision instrument, it sure made it easier to set the depth, and almost certainly allowed me more precision than gauging by eye on the side of a ruler. So so far I like it.

Greg Guarino[_2_] May 28th 19 03:37 AM

Desk Bridge - Finished

On Monday, May 27, 2019 at 12:07:02 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 5/27/2019 9:47 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
https://flic.kr/p/2g3ytc8

Thanks to all who gave advice. The router trammel worked perfectly to cut the curve. Several other things I did were less perfect, but should be instructive for the future.

Ergonomically, I can say that this is already a success. More desk room, less clutter, speakers and monitors at just the right height.

I finished it with four coats of Watco. Then, on a whim, I gave it a light sanding with 1000 grit paper and then paste wax. Soft luster and smooth as can be. I may try that again sometime.

Looks Great!

Thanks. Especially for the trammel advice. That was much easier than I had imagined.