DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Final kiln question (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/635859-final-kiln-question.html)

Gramps' shop May 20th 19 04:03 AM

Final kiln question

The kiln is built and running. 2x2x8 with fan on one end and dehumidifier on the other. No heat source installed as of yet but I have a heat lamp and a temperature control unit ready to deploy.

I have the dehumidifier set at 45% as a guesstimate as I couldnt find any counsel on what the appropriate level should be. Your thoughts?

Its been running about 4 hours and has pulled out about a cup of water.

Im hoping to bring the moisture content down from around 22% to 10% or less in 8-10 weeks.

So ... in addition to the dehumidifier setting should I add the heat and what max temp should I shoot for?