Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Office Printer Table

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 14:55:34 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.
The links to the finished product.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted
The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Didn't you get the email - it's a paperless society now !
.. and I don't see the slot - to feed the paper through ...
... otherwise .. Pretty Nice ..
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.
The links to the finished product.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted
The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Didn't you get the email - it's a paperless society now !
.. and I don't see the slot - to feed the paper through ...
.. otherwise .. Pretty Nice ..
John T.

It has been more than 15 years since I have used a bottom-feed printer (Okidata dot matrix). This design appears to have been purpose-designed and built for more modern printers. Only if it was designed for mass production supporting various obsolete printers would the lack of a slot matter. It appears to me that the one customer that matters is satisfied.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

LOL! SARCASM /SARCASM is implied. You must be new here!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 2:55:48 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Love that barn-door design. Great work!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Very nice, as always. What's the wood on the top(s)?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 2:55:48 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Very nice, Leon. I like the contrasting colors.

If I may, chair railing idea, it reminds me of a old dresser (without the mirror) I stripped and refinished for use as a bedroom side table. I suppose the back edge of the printer table is flush to its carcass, as is my dresser table. Despite the floor molding allowing space from the wall, the top of my dresser table would, now and then, hit the wall, scratching the wall/paint. I put two small stickum felt pads on the back edge, to keep the wall from being damaged. Should this become an experience you have, felt pads will work and not be readily seen.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 3:55:48 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Design question:

What was the rationale for the placement of the upper shelf? Was it an end user request or just based on the fact that "a few reams of paper will fit
here"?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

There is a paper tray on the bottom of the unit and holds about 100
sheets. There is also a back single feed for envelopes or heavy stock
or photographs. Oddly also a tray to print CD's.
FWIW this is a relatively new design for Epson, the RT 7700. The ink
tanks fill from much more inexpensive bottles. A full refresh of all 5
tanks cost $60. It came with two sets, 10 bottles of ink.
Bought in early December and used at least weekly and printed about 80
Christmas letters with full art work on those pages. Tanks are
approximately 85% full. My previous Epson cost $120 for a refresh of
new cartridges and would be empty by now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Very nice, as always. What's the wood on the top(s)?

Yellow pine, and Thank you!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/20/2019 11:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 3:55:48 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Nice!

Thank you, it was nice to build something simple for a change. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2019 9:44 AM, Sonny wrote:
[...]

Thank you

Great minds!!! Yes the top is flush with the back of the cabinet for
the exact reason you mentioned. The baseboard keeps the unit about 1/2"
from the wall and allows the wiring to drop down behind the unit.

the wiring will be my buffer. ;~) Otherwise I do always have on hand
1/2" x 1/8" clear cabinet door bumpers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2019 10:08 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 3:55:48 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Design question:

What was the rationale for the placement of the upper shelf? Was it an end user request or just based on the fact that "a few reams of paper will fit
here"?

I'm the end user. ;~) The upper shelf is for the piles of paperwork
that I get in the mail, that does not need to be filed away or thrown
away yet, but always makes my desk look messy and out of place.

ALSO FWIW I got this design idea from Hobby Lobby. I modified with the
extra upper shelf and probably built it better than the one at the store
which had visible nail holes. Plus I built/designed it to my needed
dimensions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, the InkJet printer market has changed a lot. Again. They didn't
pay you to take that printer home, did they? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Very nice, as always. What's the wood on the top(s)?

Yellow pine, and Thank you!

And it didn't come out all blotchy?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2019 5:55 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 13:06:14 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No, this is not one of those, it was $399.00, on sale. But I'm already
about $120 ahead because I have not had to change cartridges already. I
suspect that once I use the ink that is in it now I will be $$$ ahead.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2019 5:57 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 13:07:54 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Very nice, as always. What's the wood on the top(s)?

Yellow pine, and Thank you!

And it didn't come out all blotchy?

I used Verathane prestain sealer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Looks excellent Leon, super functional too 8^)

FWIW this is a relatively new design for Epson, the RT 7700. The ink
tanks fill from much more inexpensive bottles. A full refresh of all 5
tanks cost $60. It came with two sets, 10 bottles of ink.
Bought in early December and used at least weekly and printed about 80
Christmas letters with full art work on those pages. Tanks are
approximately 85% full. My previous Epson cost $120 for a refresh of
new cartridges and would be empty by now.

A while back there was one of those "top ten" lists of most expensive
liquids per gallon. Although I couldn't believe some of it, among the
various scotch and perfume concoctions black printer ink came in at
number 8, blood was at #10. Of course this was followed a few weeks
later by report of a crash involving a semi truck that was hauling
printer ink. I was hoping they would mention the insurance claim numbers...

-BR

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.
The links to the finished product.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted
The white is GF Antique White Milk paint.Â* GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Didn't you get theÂ* emailÂ* -Â* it'sÂ* aÂ* paperless society nowÂ* !
Â* .. andÂ* I don't see the slot - to feed the paper throughÂ* ...
..Â*Â* otherwiseÂ* .. PrettyÂ* Nice ..
Â*Â*Â* John T.

It has been more than 15 years since I have used a bottom-feed printer
(Okidata dot matrix). This design appears to have been
purpose-designed and built for more modern printers. Only if it was
designed for mass production supporting various obsolete printers
would the lack of a slot matter. It appears to me that the one
customer that matters is satisfied.

There is a paper tray on the bottom of the unit and holds about 100
sheets.Â* There is also a back single feed for envelopes or heavy stock
or photographs.Â* Oddly also a tray to print CD's.

Looks excellent Leon, super functional too 8^)

Thank you Sir!

FWIW this is a relatively new design for Epson, the RT 7700.Â* The ink
tanks fill from much more inexpensive bottles.Â* A full refresh of all 5
tanks cost $60.Â* It came with two sets, 10 bottles of ink.
Bought in early December and used at least weekly and printed about 80
Christmas letters with full art work on those pages.Â* Tanks are
approximately 85% full.Â* My previous Epson cost $120 for a refresh of
new cartridges and would be empty by now.

A while back there was one of those "top ten" lists of most expensive
liquids per gallon. Although I couldn't believe some of it, among the
various scotch and perfume concoctions black printer ink came in at
number 8, blood was at #10. Of course this was followed a few weeks
later by report of a crash involving a semi truck that was hauling
printer ink. I was hoping they would mention the insurance claim numbers...

I think some of the Chemo concoctions for cancer patients rank pretty
high for price per oz. ;~_