Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is Lowe's Advertising For Home Depot?

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Feb 2019 11:55:19 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

No Lowes sell Rigid, and Craftsman.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

No Lowes sell Rigid, and Craftsman.

I'm pretty sure Lowes doesn't sell Ridgid tools.

If you might be able to find Ridgid plumbing tools at some Lowes
somewhere, they certainly won't be selling any battery driver type
tools, which is the context of his post.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

No Lowes sell Rigid, and Craftsman.

First off, it's Ridgid, with a "d".

Second, perhaps some more punctuation would help.

Are you saying "No Lowe's sells Ridgid" as in they do not or "No, Lowe's sells
Ridgid" as in they do?

If it's the latter, could your provide a link to a Ridgid item, other than
a wet-dry vac filter, that is available from Lowe's? That's all I can find
at lowes.com

At the Ridgid "where to buy" website, I can find tons of listings for Home
Depot, but not a single Lowe's, at least not with 200 miles of where I live.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

No Lowes sell Rigid, and Craftsman.

I'm pretty sure Lowes doesn't sell Ridgid tools.

If you might be able to find Ridgid plumbing tools at some Lowes
somewhere, they certainly won't be selling any battery driver type
tools, which is the context of his post.

Not only that, but I don't I'd use an impact driver on pocket screws.

I know that some people do, but I like to be able to reduce the torque on
a regular drill/driver so I don't have to worry about stripping out the
hole.

That one looks like my 18V no-variable-speed, no-variable-torque tool.
Sure wouldn't be my first choice, but then again, I've never driven
2.5" Kreg screws into 1.5" poplar. I'll let you tomorrow after I screw
the seat together. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

No Lowes sell Rigid, and Craftsman.

I'm pretty sure Lowes doesn't sell Ridgid tools.

If you might be able to find Ridgid plumbing tools at some Lowes
somewhere, they certainly won't be selling any battery driver type
tools, which is the context of his post.

My Lowe's has carried Rigid commercial plumbing tools since I moved
here since 99. It is a stock photo, bought for use by Lowe's. When I
recently went there for plumbing stuff, Craftsman was the primary
tools on display, with everything else on the shelves off the main
isle.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

No Lowes sell Rigid, and Craftsman.

Searching the Lowes site for "Ridgid" finds one hit, on a
one-size-fits-many shop vacuum filter. On the other hand, deWalt gets
27 pages of hits.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Use low torque, or mabye even try a hand driver. Might be real easy to
split the poplar, that is based on driving a pocket screw way to far
and screwing it up.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Do you read posts before you respond?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

The evidence is clear that he READS them before responding, but
obviously DOES NOT UNDERSTAND them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Ridgid plumbing tools have been around a lot longer than the cordless
driver and other battery stuff. ASAIK, HD or whoever, bought the Ridgid
brand name from the plumbing tool company and took off with their HD
house brand tools.

They are essentially two different companies with the same name, sharing
a website.
You won't see ANY non-plumbing Ridgid tools in Lowes. or any other
brick-n-mortar retailer.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

And Ridgid is far from the only company that makes an orange impact
driver. B&D dioes as well as several off-brands. The pictured driver
looks "close" to a Ridgid R 86034, but there are detail differences.

I'm guessing it's a "stock photo"
Posted to rec.woodworking

Markem wrote:

My Lowe's has carried Rigid commercial plumbing tools since I moved
here since 99.

https://i.imgur.com/2ZWp9gU.jpg

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...plumbing+tools

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=Ridgid

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2019 2:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

My guess it is a photo supplied by Kreg to anyone that carries their line.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 11:25:11 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/2/2019 2:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

My guess it is a photo supplied by Kreg to anyone that carries their line.

It could be that Kreg supplies the photo, but I can't find anyone else that
uses it, not even Kreg.

The part number is SML-C2X250-30. I didn't look *everywhere*, but I checked
about a half dozen vendors and didn't see that image anywhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/2/2019 1:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

Ridgid or Triton???

http://www.tritontools.com/en-ZA/Pro...Cordless/T20ID
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 3:45:40 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/2/2019 1:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

Ridgid or Triton???

http://www.tritontools.com/en-ZA/Pro...Cordless/T20ID

Start right at front end. Totally different chuck on the Triton vs.
the Ridgid.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/3/19 5:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 3:45:40 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/2/2019 1:55 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need some 2.5" Kreg screws for my bench project. I wanted to see if Lowe's
carried them, so I went to their website.

They have them and on the page for the product I found this:

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ...0_09291146.jpg

That's a Ridgid impact driver.

Now I know that Home Depot isn't the only place that sells Ridgid tools, but
I'm pretty sure that 1 - Lowe's doesn't and 2 - when many people think Ridgid,
they think Home Depot.

Ridgid or Triton???

http://www.tritontools.com/en-ZA/Pro...Cordless/T20ID

Start right at front end. Totally different chuck on the Triton vs.
the Ridgid.

It's Ridgid. Totally their "orange" and rubber.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--