Old December 27th 18, 01:30 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thrifty Cabinets Plans

Hello everyone! I have created a series of easy-to-build cabinet and furniture plans called Thrifty Cabinets. There's a sample plan available for every plan, so you can see what you get before you buy the plan. Please take a look:
https://thriftycabinets.com

Old December 27th 18, 11:26 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Check your website. I could not find any links to sample plans. Also, the plans show "out of stock".

Bob
Old December 27th 18, 11:35 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:26:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Check your website. I could not find any links to sample plans. Also, the plans show "out of stock".

Bob

The sample plans are there for some items, but they appear to be zip files.

Forgive me I choose not to open them.

Spammer (or worse) be gone!
Old December 28th 18, 12:41 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/27/18 5:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:26:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Check your website. I could not find any links to sample plans. Also, the plans show "out of stock".

Bob

The sample plans are there for some items, but they appear to be zip files.

Forgive me I choose not to open them.

Spammer (or worse) be gone!

I downloaded and looked at one and it was fine.
Funniest part is that the zip file was something like 3.7mb and the
extracted file was 3.8mb. Stupid. Sounds like someone who started
with dial-up and is stuck in his ways. :-)

Either way, I don't see anyone paying for these plans. There's nothing
special about them and the same info is all over the web for free.
Seems to me like a retired guy doing this as a hobby. Nobel enough
venture, but decades behind in terms of marketability.

The best part is the user agreement that forbids you from selling
anything you make using his plans, without getting written permission
first.

I don't see anyone selling any of the stuff and making any money unless
they hire kids in Taiwan to do it. All the designs look like RTA
assemblies straight out of IKEA or Wayfair.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Old December 28th 18, 04:15 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 5:26:18 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Check your website. I could not find any links to sample plans. Also, the plans show "out of stock".

Bob

The sample plan links are within each plan listing. They are zip files because that is the only way I can get them to be downloadable using the web software I have.

Old December 28th 18, 04:18 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 5:35:55 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:26:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Check your website. I could not find any links to sample plans. Also, the plans show "out of stock".

Bob

The sample plans are there for some items, but they appear to be zip files.

Forgive me I choose not to open them.

Spammer (or worse) be gone!

Bob,

Given the world we live in today, I understand your fear about downloading a zip file. But seriously, you look at my site and you think I'm spamming you. I will be happy to email you a non-zip file if you want to see a sample.
Old December 28th 18, 04:23 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 6:41:52 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

[...]

Mike,

My plans are intended for beginning woodworkers and I think you agree with that. As for the rest of your comments, they are unnecessary. I have sold many of my plans to woodworkers who are very happy with the instructions.

I would hope this is a respectable forum for woodworkers seeking info and help. So far the comments I have received tell me otherwise.
Old December 28th 18, 05:07 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/28/18 10:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

My first paragraph was a little snarky, I admit.
As for the rest, it's an honest and accurate assessment.
You can either be offended by it or use it as market research.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Old December 28th 18, 07:17 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 11:15:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 5:26:18 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Check your website. I could not find any links to sample plans. Also, the plans show "out of stock".

Bob

The sample plan links are within each plan listing.

No, they are not. There are a number of plans that do not have a sample.
It appears that if you are out of stock, there is not sample. I assume that
that is what "Crystal" was referring to.

Speaking of "out of stock" items...

The title of this thread (*your* thread) is "Thrifty Cabinets Plans". Your
text says "easy-to-build cabinet and furniture plans". However, the 2 items
shown under the drop-down for "Cabinet Plans" are both "Out-Of-Stock"

2 Questions:

1 - Why did you emphasize Cabinet Plans in your thread if they are not
available?
2 - How can a zip file be "Out-Of-Stock"? You know that zip files aren't
physical things that leave your inventory when someone downloads them, right?

Old December 28th 18, 10:49 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 1:17:40 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Good questions Bob.

1 - Not all of the plans are completed. I've changed the wording to say "Coming Soon" instead of "Out of Stock." Hopefully, that will be clearer. As far as the name Thrifty Cabinets, it's a long story, but it is my domain name. At the present time, on my site, there are six completed plans and seven other plans in the works. I guess I could remove the uncompleted ones from the site, but I would rather people see what is coming soon. I'm a week or so away from completing the Poker Caddy, and in my shop now I'm working on an eight-person rectangular dining table.

2 - I believe my #1 answer also answers your #2 question. I can only produce a sample of a plan after the plan is completed.

Also, based on your comments, I plan to add more ways for people to receive and view sample plans. Thanks for helpful comments.