Old December 29th 18, 11:24 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thrifty Cabinets Plans

On 12/29/2018 6:33 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 7:30:40 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello everyone! I have created a series of easy-to-build cabinet and furniture plans called Thrifty Cabinets. There's a sample plan available for every plan, so you can see what you get before you buy the plan. Please take a look:
https://thriftycabinets.com

I'm so sorry that I ever posted on this angry miserable forum. I thought this was a "recreational" woodworking group. Woodworkers who are interested in woodworking, but instead it 's a group of people who just want to complain.

I didn't respond before, but this is a pretty cordial newsgroup
as such things go. Maybe your problem is that you think it's OK
to use it for commercial purposes. It's a free internet, but
posting your own commercial advertisements is frowned upon in
these parts.

Old December 29th 18, 11:56 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 15:24:20 -0700, Just Wondering wrote:

On 12/29/2018 6:33 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 7:30:40 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello everyone! I have created a series of easy-to-build cabinet and furniture plans called Thrifty Cabinets. There's a sample plan available for every plan, so you can see what you get before you buy the plan. Please take a look:
https://thriftycabinets.com

I'm so sorry that I ever posted on this angry miserable forum. I thought this was a "recreational" woodworking group. Woodworkers who are interested in woodworking, but instead it 's a group of people who just want to complain.

I didn't respond before, but this is a pretty cordial newsgroup
as such things go. Maybe your problem is that you think it's OK
to use it for commercial purposes. It's a free internet, but
posting your own commercial advertisements is frowned upon in
these parts.

Especially when the web site is not ready for prime time and the
prices are higher than, say, Woodsmith.
Old December 30th 18, 01:14 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Hello everyone! I have created a series of easy-to-build cabinet and
furniture plans called Thrifty Cabinets. There's a sample plan
available for every plan, so you can see what you get before you buy
the plan. Please take a look:
https://thriftycabinets.com

I'm so sorry that I ever posted on this angry miserable forum. I
thought this was a "recreational" woodworking group. Woodworkers who
are interested in woodworking, but instead it 's a group of people who
just want to complain.

I didn't respond before, but this is a pretty cordial newsgroup
as such things go.* Maybe your problem is that you think it's OK
to use it for commercial purposes.* It's a free internet, but
posting your own commercial advertisements is frowned upon in
these parts.

Some folks would complain if hanged with a new rope.

Hey, Brucie, do you also throw a temper tantrum when your FREE gmail
account doesn't work to your satisfaction?

Perhaps the biggest joke is your "licensing agreement"

"Thrifty Cabinets plans are copyright © Bruce Kieffer 2018.
Purchased plans are for the purchaser's personal use only. Plans may not
be reconfigured, converted, distributed or sold. Finished products
created from any Thrifty Cabinets plan cannot be sold without receiving
written approval. Clicking the "Add to cart" button below and providing
payment is your acceptance of this license agreement."

Old December 30th 18, 01:30 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

10 years after I build a dresser I'll make sure I contact Bruce before
I put it on Craigslist. ;-)
Old December 30th 18, 01:32 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Wait! I have a better idea.

I'll leave one screw out or something like that and then it'll never be a
"finished product". I can sell them like that and make a fortune!

Old December 30th 18, 01:41 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Nope, nope!
That would be "reconfigured" which is expressly forbidden by the user
agreement!!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Old December 30th 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

I'll tape the screw to the inside of a drawer with a note saying that I didn't
have time to finish it.

I have the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe on retainer so I'm not worried.
Old December 30th 18, 03:04 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2018 11:11 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 8:33:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 7:30:40 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello everyone! I have created a series of easy-to-build cabinet and furniture plans called Thrifty Cabinets. There's a sample plan available for every plan, so you can see what you get before you buy the plan. Please take a look:
https://thriftycabinets.com

I'm so sorry that I ever posted on this angry miserable forum. I thought
this was a "recreational" woodworking group. Woodworkers who are interested
in woodworking, but instead it 's a group of people who just want to
complain.

If we could go back in time, the following technique might have worked out
a little better for you:

"Hi! My name is Bruce. I have created a series of plans for cabinets and other
furniture. I sell the plans through my website and offer a sample of each plan
for free. I don't want anyone to think I'm spamming this group, so I thought
that I would introduce myself first. Would you folks mind if I posted a link
to my website?

Here is an example of one of the sample plans so you can see what I am
offering. You'll note that the sample plans do not include the materials
list, cut list, etc. The full plans, of course, would.

[Insert Sample Plan Link Here]"

That post looks a lot less like spam than your version. I suspect that you
would have gotten a slightly warmer reception or, at a minimum, a more polite
send-off.

Looks can be deceiving to the reading impaired. A turd is still a turd
regardless of how much you shine it up...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Old December 30th 18, 03:17 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/29/2018 11:32 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 10:11:40 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Thanks DerbyDad03. It's obvious this forum needs a moderator.

It has a moderator, me. I'm an asshole and an idiot, but my rules are
written in stone. You can say, do whatever you want, including posting
spam. Everyone else is free to do what they want, including trashing
your spam to the point you wish you never attempted such a vile act.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com