Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How do I change theblades in Ryobi AP-10 Planer?

在 2001年5月31日星期四 UTC+8下午9:27:47,Leon写道:
Be sure that the planer is unplugged. !!!!!

Remove the thumb screws from the chip deflector on the back upper side of
the cutter head. This exposes the cutter head and the blades. If you have
all the parts that came with the planer this will be an easy job. On one
side or the other there is a small hole to insert a cutter head lock pin.
Insert the pin and carefully with your hand rotate the cutter head until the
pin drops further in and locks the cutter head. You should now see 6 bolts
that hold the blades and positioning bar. Remove these and lift the
assembly out. Remove the screws holding the blades. Repeat procedure for
the other blade.
To replace, use the blade positioning guide, normally an orange plastic jig,
to insure proper blade position on the positioning bar and tighten the
screws. Note. You might want to set the blade and positioning bar in the
jig immediately after removing from the planer to understand the orientation
of how every thing should align in the jig before removing the blade from
the positioning bar.
Reverse the provider after properly adjusting the blade to the positioning
bar in the jig.

"James Tortorelli" wrote in message
I have had this thing since 1987 and have to change the blades.
Unfortunately I can't find the owner's manual and Ryobi customer service
won't sell me one and hangs up on me when I ask. Their regional parts
distributor--Billious- in California won't sell me one either because they
don't stock them.

Just give me a hint, please. Crank it up, down sideways?? do they come

out
the bottom of the cutterhead?

Please respond to

Thanks.

Great, think find the ryobi ap10 blades ?
please you can looking this shop.
i with order ago,
http://www.jtex.com/product/ryobi-ap10-planer-blade

snip and a Ryobi planer richard Woodworking 3 January 18th 07 07:27 PM
Ryobi Surface PLaner 13" Advice Richard Clements Woodworking 9 December 29th 06 09:43 PM
ryobi hand planer FA gooch Woodworking 4 October 21st 05 04:06 AM
RYOBI 6x18 MINI LATHE,Ryobi means quality! [email protected] Woodworking 4 September 7th 05 11:14 PM
Thickness planer purchase dilemma- Ryobi or Dewalt? Dale Woodworking 8 July 28th 03 12:14 AM