Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dovetails

I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails. I think this may be an easy
one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/2018 12:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails.Â* I think this may be an easy
one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X

Yeah lettuce know when you start. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 12:33:11 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails. I think this may be an easy
one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X

Pretty impressive.

Assuming one has really sharp tools: The harder the wood, the easier/smoother the cutting/carving. With a soft wood, the wood fibers would have a tendency to tear/compress, rather than cut cleanly.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/2018 1:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails.Â* I think this may be an easy
one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X

Have you family post the address of the sanatarium when you end up in
when you try these dovetails. We will send cards

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/2018 1:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails.Â* I think this may be an easy
one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X

Looks OK for a beginner's learning project. Then you can move on to the
difficult stuff...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/18 1:16 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 12:33:11 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails. I think this may be an easy
one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X

Pretty impressive.

Assuming one has really sharp tools: The harder the wood, the easier/smoother the cutting/carving. With a soft wood, the wood fibers would have a tendency to tear/compress, rather than cut cleanly.

Sonny

Yeah, that appears to be walnut and maple, so the cutting likely went as
good as it possibly could.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/11/2018 2:11 PM, Leon wrote:
On 10/11/2018 12:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails.Â* I think this may be an
easy one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X

Yeah lettuce know when you start.Â* ;~)

I may start tomorrow, but it may be a little while before I finish.
Don't wait up for me.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 13:33:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails. I think this may be an easy
one to start with

https://imgur.com/gallery/8rT6L6X

... when doves cry ?
... or when dovetail makers cry ?