Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Remington powder driver

I have a 30 year [plus] old Rem. powder driver. I went to use it and
the charges seem to have lost their strength. Is this normal? If so how
does one dispose of the cartridges?
Thanks,
CP

Posted to rec.woodworking

MOP CAP wrote:

If so how does one dispose of the cartridges?

Cold beer and a burn barrel.

https://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c?t=738

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2018 11:38 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
MOP CAP wrote:

If so how does one dispose of the cartridges?

Cold beer and a burn barrel.

https://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c?t=738

+1

Remember, too, that the ammo in the video was complete with bullets
which allowed for pressure build up to provide force to make the cases
and/or bullets travel a bit. With the power cartridges, it's just
crimped or capped with a piece of cardboard/heavy paper to keep the
powder from spilling out. No worries unless your eye is 6" from the
cartridge as it burns.
Posted to rec.woodworking

MOP CAP wrote:

If so how does one dispose of the cartridges?

Cold beer and a burn barrel.

https://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c?t=738

+1

Remember, too, that the ammo in the video was complete with bullets
which allowed for pressure build up to provide force to make the cases
and/or bullets travel a bit. With the power cartridges, it's just
crimped or capped with a piece of cardboard/heavy paper to keep the
powder from spilling out. No worries unless your eye is 6" from the
cartridge as it burns.

"Not to be taken internally"
Insert Cal Prop 65 warning here
Posted to rec.woodworking

MOP CAP writes:
If so how does one dispose of the cartridges?

If all else fails, ask your local police dept if they have a way of
disposing of unused ammo. These are "blanks" but they might take them
anyway.

Also note that those cartridges come in different strengths; you might
just need to try a stronger one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Everyone has told me how to dispose of them, but no one has told me IF
I need to do so.
CP

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 9:30:34 PM UTC-4, MOP CAP wrote:
Everyone has told me how to dispose of them, but no one has told me IF
I need to do so.
CP

Other than DJ Delorie, that is.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:30:26 -0700, MOP CAP wrote:

Everyone has told me how to dispose of them, but no one has told me IF
I need to do so.

You told us that.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:59:39 -0700, MOP CAP wrote:

I have a 30 year [plus] old Rem. powder driver. I went to use it and
the charges seem to have lost their strength. Is this normal? If so how
does one dispose of the cartridges?
Thanks,
CP

What strength are the cartridges? (Ramset does it by color). Are you
using the correct load for the fastener length and the surface being
attached to? You need something stronger for concrete than for mortar
or cinder block (CMU in current parlance).

---