Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drill chuck for Radial Arm Saw

replying to Larry Kraus, MRobinson wrote:
If your model of RAS has the arbor opposite of the blade arbor, it spins in
the clockwise direction, I use mine for hand drilling briar pipes and I even
shape them on that same arbor with a French wheel sanding disk. Works
flawlessly for drilling.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...saw-98413-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 6:14:08 AM UTC-7, MRobinson wrote:
replying to Larry Kraus, MRobinson wrote:
If your model of RAS has the arbor opposite of the blade arbor, it spins in
the clockwise direction, I use mine for hand drilling briar pipes and I even
shape them on that same arbor with a French wheel sanding disk. Works
flawlessly for drilling.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...saw-98413-.htm

Interesting; Craftsman RAS took an accessory, that held a router bit (1/4" shank)
for almost exactly that kind of work.