Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hardwood that is green in color?

On Wednesday, July 13, 1994 at 8:44:29 PM UTC-6, Scott Van Note wrote:
I'm looking for a hardwood that is green in color and stays that way.

I've seen Lignum Vitae with green heartwood and brown heartwood.
I'm not sure whether that means it turns brown or if there are two
different Lignum Vitaes.

Is there one standard encylopedia type reference for wood?

Scott Van Note

Tempe Arizona, USA

Lignum Vitae is brown when freshly milled and turns green in a few days. It can have sap spots - so risk of freckles, but mine is ok...Just don't use blue tape on it - pulls the green off and doesn't fully recover.