DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stair stringer trim (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/614204-stair-stringer-trim.html)

Meanie[_2_] July 5th 18 09:04 PM

Stair stringer trim

My stairs are stripped of carpet and ready for install of oak tread and
riser. Though, I first need to install the side trim for the inside
stringers, then cut the tread and risers to width. I plan to paint the
trim, therefore, I don't need to use oak or any other expensive wood. My
first thought was Poplar but even considering Prime grade Pine. What are
suggestions for the type of wood to use and the best thickness?

Thank you

Leon[_7_] July 5th 18 11:26 PM

Stair stringer trim

On 7/5/2018 3:04 PM, Meanie wrote:
My stairs are stripped of carpet and ready for install of oak tread and
riser. Though, I first need to install the side trim for the inside
stringers, then cut the tread and risers to width. I plan to paint the
trim, therefore, I don't need to use oak or any other expensive wood. My
first thought was Poplar but even considering Prime grade Pine. What are
suggestions for the type of wood to use and the best thickness?

Thank you

I would do with MDF.

[email protected] July 6th 18 03:22 AM

Stair stringer trim