Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Q's stanley electric router with plane attachment

On Monday, April 15, 2002 at 2:58:13 PM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
Howdy folks,

At a garage sale last Saturday, I came across a Stanley electric
router kit (1960s vintage?) that looked to be in pretty decent shape
so I bought it after some dickering. The kit contains a 7/8 hp motor,
a fixed base, a plane attachment (that holds the motor horizontally),
and an edge guide all neatly packaged in a large steel case.
Everything seems to be in good working condition. Oh yeah, there's
another base that I think is designed for following a template. I did
a search of the wreck's archive and a general Google search but found
nothing about this item so I thought I'd ask here. What was the
original idea for the plane attachment? My rather uneducated guess is
for jointing edges. Any other information on this set would be
appreciated. TIA

Cheers,
Mike

Mike I need info about changing spiral bits I have a Stanley j5 DOOR PLANE. Thanks in advance Tim