Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Bill PM Model 60 Auctions?

So did you win one? As I suspected might be, Lot 6 went quite a lot
cheaper @ $325; lot #5 was $525. Either of those is a good value even
after throw in the price of a single-phase motor.

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:
So did you win one?

Based on having my "hands full" at the moment, I passed. Sonny
mentioned that there is another jointer coming up for auction
soon, so I may take a look at that. Then there is always Grizzly
(~1k, delivered to your door, ready to run, with warranty). I
have a feeling a new Grizzly would be cheaper, everything
considered. BTW, I just got home from the vet, $400 lighter (the
dog somehow irritated its intestinal lining and vomited about 10x
today). I'm not sure what it is, but there is a moral in there
somewhere.. : ) Maybe its that today, the money went where it
was needed most... happy wife, happy life?

Bill

As I suspected might be, Lot 6 went quite a
lot cheaper @ $325; lot #5 was $525.Â* Either of those is a good
value even after throw in the price of a single-phase motor.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 4:37:28 AM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
Sonny mentioned that there is another jointer coming up for auction
soon, so I may take a look at that.

That other sale has the items listed, now. On the previous pre-listing, announcing this sale, "jointers" were listed. The pre-listings mentioned 300+ items offered. Now, that list has 274 items listed. That pre-listing no longer has jointers listed, nor is there any jointers among the actual listings.

The number of items actually listed is 288, hence the 274 number is incorrect. So, apparently the listings have been altered or changed, for whatever reason.

Maybe they will add more listings, later, possibly from another location, other than in Peru. However, from what I've seen, they would say more listing would be coming, later, if applicable. Some companies do have other locations, so an additional listing could, later, be posted for another location. An option could be to call and ask the IRS representative handling this auction.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/21/2018 4:37 AM, Bill wrote:

... Then there is always Grizzly (~1k, delivered to your
door, ready to run, with warranty). I have a feeling a new Grizzly would
be cheaper, everything considered. ...

But it would have started and end up and always be a Grizzly...

Depending on which model, I'd wager the PM is still the better machine.

But, other factors interfere, granted and recognized...