Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OK, Tried the EMT for fitment in Pipe clamps.

Went out to the garage, located some EMT pieces and tried fitting it
to the tail stock pieces of the clamps.

It was not snug enough to allow the clamp to bite into the EMT. It
would slip. Now if you took a hammer and oval'd the EMT, perfectly,
you could get it to bite but you would need a machine to make
consistent oval and then you would have to keep the oval vertical to
the wood. So it is just not worth the effort for consistent operation.

While messing around I did come up with a tip to keep black or galv
pipe from messing with your wood surfaces. That would be to use
unistrut clamp rubber insulators on the pipe by themselves. Easy to
use. Very efficient.

Was going to post a link to a picture for the rubber insulators, WOW!

I didn't remember the "for ea." price being do high, its ridiculous
and to think I had boxes of these things at one time.
Posted to rec.woodworking

OFWW wrote in
:

*snip*
While messing around I did come up with a tip to keep black or galv
pipe from messing with your wood surfaces. That would be to use
unistrut clamp rubber insulators on the pipe by themselves. Easy to
use. Very efficient.

Was going to post a link to a picture for the rubber insulators, WOW!

I didn't remember the "for ea." price being do high, its ridiculous
and to think I had boxes of these things at one time.

I read somewhere, probably here, to use pipe insulation. It does a fine
job and is quite cheap.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 13:03:42 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

OFWW wrote in
:

*snip*
While messing around I did come up with a tip to keep black or galv
pipe from messing with your wood surfaces. That would be to use
unistrut clamp rubber insulators on the pipe by themselves. Easy to
use. Very efficient.

Was going to post a link to a picture for the rubber insulators, WOW!

I didn't remember the "for ea." price being do high, its ridiculous
and to think I had boxes of these things at one time.

I read somewhere, probably here, to use pipe insulation. It does a fine
job and is quite cheap.

Puckdropper

That's a good idea, it comes it different thickness' and if you slice
it into 2 or 3" pieces it won't hamper sliding the tail piece to fit
the object.

Thanks!

Has anyone tried using EMT with pipe clamps? OFWW[_5_] Woodworking 34 June 2nd 18 07:55 AM
BG fitment of gas wall heater js.b1 UK diy 10 November 29th 09 05:06 PM
Bath fitment - thanks Tim S UK diy 9 September 18th 09 10:20 AM
aaargh - washing machine input hose come out of fitment [email protected] UK diy 21 July 10th 06 03:38 PM
FS : Pipe Clamps & Deep throat Pipe clamps Rob V Woodworking 5 February 14th 04 02:33 PM