DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The Burnt Cabinet & Shelves Installed (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/611007-burnt-cabinet-shelves-installed.html)

-MIKE- May 17th 18 11:25 PM

The Burnt Cabinet & Shelves Installed

Here they are installed at my buddy's pub.
They are thrilled and were able to display all their different liquor
types together, as well as highlight the expensive ones up top.

I did a pretty good job of matching the first ones I did for them.
I think I like these better, because the burning is a bit more prevalent.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQktW1PSEvSwyFn37

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Sonny May 18th 18 12:01 AM

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:25:49 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
Here they are installed at my buddy's pub.
They are thrilled and were able to display all their different liquor
types together, as well as highlight the expensive ones up top.

I did a pretty good job of matching the first ones I did for them.
I think I like these better, because the burning is a bit more prevalent.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQktW1PSEvSwyFn37

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Two thumbs up from me.

No raised glasses in hands pic? Shame on you all!

Sonny

DerbyDad03 May 18th 18 02:57 AM

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 7:01:22 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:25:49 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
Here they are installed at my buddy's pub.
They are thrilled and were able to display all their different liquor
types together, as well as highlight the expensive ones up top.

I did a pretty good job of matching the first ones I did for them.
I think I like these better, because the burning is a bit more prevalent.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQktW1PSEvSwyFn37

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Two thumbs up from me.

No raised glasses in hands pic? Shame on you all!

Sonny

Here you go Sonny, I took a picture right after the cabinets were
installed.

https://tinyurl.com/Mike-At-Pub

Rick the antique guy May 18th 18 03:00 AM

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 6:25:49 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
Here they are installed at my buddy's pub.
They are thrilled and were able to display all their different liquor
types together, as well as highlight the expensive ones up top.

I did a pretty good job of matching the first ones I did for them.
I think I like these better, because the burning is a bit more prevalent.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQktW1PSEvSwyFn37

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Beautiful Job ,Nice original look.

Success is Wonderful , when it's Appreciated!

I like-it Just the way you did it.
rick B.

-MIKE- May 18th 18 04:47 AM

On 5/17/18 9:00 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 6:25:49 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
Here they are installed at my buddy's pub. They are thrilled and
were able to display all their different liquor types together, as
well as highlight the expensive ones up top.

I did a pretty good job of matching the first ones I did for them.
I think I like these better, because the burning is a bit more
prevalent.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQktW1PSEvSwyFn37

Beautiful Job ,Nice original look.

Success is Wonderful , when it's Appreciated!

I like-it Just the way you did it. rick B.

Thanks, Rick.
It's an interesting technique. It's certainly fast to do, but there's a
lot of post-op needed afterwards. I'm not sure it's any more than
normal post-stain sanding, though.
I'm going to experiment with how much sanding is needed on the brunt
parts in order to still hold a topcoat.
I would like to be able to keep some of the darker sections dark,
instead of sanding them off. It doesn't take much sanding to remove the
char. This makes me think those sections wouldn't hold a topcoat very
well.

I also need to find an HVLP that throws lacquer well. The rattle cans
are getting expensive, but I just love using lacquer.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--