DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   those scraps (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/610830-those-scraps.html)

Electric Comet May 15th 18 09:07 PM

those scraps

an idea for those scraps that are not firewood and you just know are
useful for something

headphone stand

saw a bent ply headphone stand for almost twoo hundred dollars

the style depends on the scraps of course

Electric Comet May 15th 18 09:25 PM

those scraps

On Tue, 15 May 2018 13:07:48 -0700
Electric Comet wrote:

the style depends on the scraps of course

example

https://img1.etsystatic.com/047/0/10...92613_jg57.jpg

Eli the Bearded May 16th 18 01:44 AM

those scraps

In rec.woodworking, Electric Comet wrote:
[headphone stand]
https://img1.etsystatic.com/047/0/10...92613_jg57.jpg

I look at that and think of the game "hangman".

With a bunch more scraps, some hooks and eyes, and an old Scrabble set,
you could make a wooden version of the game. Maybe put the Scrabble
tiles on pegs, so you could stand them in holes and flip them around
after they are guessed.

Elijah
------
now wants to build that

Electric Comet May 16th 18 02:02 AM

those scraps

On Wed, 16 May 2018 00:44:39 +0000 (UTC)
Eli the Bearded wrote:

I look at that and think of the game "hangman".

that is one design and there are many out there
one in the shape of a music note

With a bunch more scraps, some hooks and eyes, and an old Scrabble
set, you could make a wooden version of the game. Maybe put the
Scrabble tiles on pegs, so you could stand them in holes and flip
them around after they are guessed.

ambitious but good use for scraps

not sure about guessing in scrabble but it has been awhile