DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   making bags (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/610402-making-bags.html)

Electric Comet May 7th 18 05:13 PM

making bags

darn good one on making the bags

https://www.bigduckcanvas.com/how-to...cornhole-bags/

DerbyDad03 May 7th 18 07:32 PM

making bags

On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 12:13:42 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
darn good one on making the bags

https://www.bigduckcanvas.com/how-to...cornhole-bags/

I'm not so sure I'd call it "darn good", unless that was supposed to be a sewing pun.

There's no mention of using duck cloth on one side and suede on the other - slick and stick.
Which side is used depends on the situation that the player is in.

I found this line to be of interest:

"Piece of cardboard: You will be cutting out a usable tracing template from the printable (PDF) template."

I'm glad they didn't include instructions for cutting out an unusable template. They would be
a waste of time, wouldn't it?

Electric Comet May 15th 18 08:20 PM

making bags

On Mon, 7 May 2018 11:32:22 -0700 (PDT)
DerbyDad03 wrote:

There's no mention of using duck cloth on one side and suede on the
other - slick and stick. Which side is used depends on the situation
that the player is in.

all the bags i have seen were just one material

there is usually drinking involved so losing not a big issue

DerbyDad03 May 16th 18 01:14 AM

making bags

DerbyDad03 wrote:

There's no mention of using duck cloth on one side and suede on the
other - slick and stick. Which side is used depends on the situation
that the player is in.

all the bags i have seen were just one material

there is usually drinking involved so losing not a big issue

You obviously don't know a lot about cornhole.

When you're playing for $20K, you tend to leave the beers at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIRCJACrLI

BTW...regardless of the sport, if you think losing is not a big issue,
*especially* when drinking is involved, then you also don't know a lot
about competition in general.

[email protected] May 16th 18 02:02 AM

making bags

BTW...regardless of the sport, if you think losing is not a big issue,
*especially* when drinking is involved, then you also don't know a lot
about competition in general.

I guess that I don't know anything at all -
- about __ your__ sort of competition ..
Very few of my sports & games, over the years, involved
any hard feelings afterward. I never play any high-stakes.
.... we'd play for a beer or table-time at the pool hall,
sometimes a-penny-a-point at a card game.
I consider myself a competitive person - I really love a hard-fought
and evenly played game - whether playing or watching -
but fairness and friendship matter sooo very much more
.. than just winning.
John T.